Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Great opportunity, for somebody...

MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
It seems to me that technology has advanced to the point that it should be cheap enough to manufacture custom coin albums to order. There's a business there for somebody.
Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    You mean different diameters ,various pages, without a limitation in the number of albums to produce? I'd be interested for sure, with or without lettering below.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the least, the printing should be customizable. The size and number of the openings might need to be standardized.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked Intercept about a type set album for Japanese coins they very kindly and politely told me that I was dreaming...

I dug up the old email quote I posted before:

<< The minimum on a custom album would be 5000 pieces. Any fewer in quantity and the upcharges would be too high. There are also artwork and die charges that go along with this depending on how difficult the pages are to design and can run anywhere from 1000$ US to 5000$ with freight charges being extra – about $1500. A six page album in a custom format would cost you about 20$ (ballpark) US plus the additional charges.

We just designed a US Type Album that took about a year to complete due to confirming coin sizes, printing and lead times to produce. The artwork alone took about 2 months to complete due to every coin on every page being different, which it seems would be the case with the Japanese Type as well.>>

Probably alot easier for an album of coins that don't vary in size...but at least for Intercept, not so cheap to do for a type set.

Cathy

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be like Capitol Plastics but in album form... I don't imagine it would be that hard if they stuck to straight printing and no fancy shiny lining, letters, etc.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    If they could produce a dansco-like album which was guaranteed not to have dust in the coin holes, I'd pay double the price, no questions asked.