Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody have an update from the National? Who has been and what did you find?

Love to hear a lowdown of this year's National. Anybody?
Mike
Bosox1976

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    The National doesn't start until Wednesday.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one better have an update since Im not starting my drive until Thursday night of the UPCOMING week. LOL
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    i have a nice list of cards i need, raw of course.

somebody who is going, lmk and i can send you my list.

thanks
    j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhh. Hence the radio silence.image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I called psa last thursday about sending some cards to be reholdered and the girl on the phone said it was this weekend (today) and if I wanted I could drop them off there. I was planning on going today, glad my plans got changed!

I'm headed there to try to find some old kahn's clemente cards, especially a 1958. Hopefully I don't end up buying a ton of stuff I can't afford and go home broke without getting what I wanted. I do that a lot image
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    woo hoo
    yee hoo

i have to admit i love gwen stefani.

oh yea, thanks for help guys, list sent

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    About reholdering cards, I have two cards that were damaged during shipping and I was wondering what it costs to get
    new flips? And by the way, my membership has expired. Any help for me? I am planning on attending the national but I'm
    not positive on the day yet. I live in Pittsburgh and plan to drive. I will be looking to take a big chunk out of my 1978 topps
    football psa 9-10 set. Only 120 to go and any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Jeff
  • Options
    Jeff, it's $5 each plus shipping, you can drop them off if you're there or ship them in. I think you need to be a member so maybe join again and get the free subs or have somebody send them in for you, but make sure it's somebody you trust if they're valuable.

I don't think there's a minimum to send for reholdering service but it costs a lot to get them back. I'll be at the airport in pittsburgh tomorrow morning from 8-9 or so if you're anywhere near there and want me to add them to my sub. I have 5 cards and $600 in value before my shipping gets any higher.

jim
  • Options
    Thanks Jim, I appreciate the offer. The cards I have to submit for reslabbing are probably not worth the $5.00 fee. Best of luck to you at the national.

Jeff
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i need a50 bowman football raw y.a. tittle am working on a 50 bowman football psa/dna set- would anyone get me a y.a. tittle auto on a 50 bowman football card from up there thats going?,he is signing on saturday at 2:15 i think i was,his auto is 40.00, and it can be the worst raw 50 bowman card in history for all i care, as long as the auto is on it,can probably even get it slabbed up there too,not sure,any help apprciated
    the rube
    you can look under 50 bowman football,im # 11 regular and about 40 down( lol)- is my psa/dna set- pics are on there, it can look like one of these with tape and stuff on it , it dont matter, it dont need a grade, just authenticated by psa for my set
    i am rube 26105 on ebay so its not like im new at ebay or this kind of stuff, i just cant go image lol it can look like this is fine by me -as long as its tittle lol give me a pm if you can do this, it should not be that tough to get either one of em, 50 bowman and the auto on the card

-------------------------
    http://rubesmilitariaandsportcards.com/myurl
    image- it can look like this for all i care-as long as its a 50 bowman tittle,pm me image-this is the card i need it on,condition dont matter,look at the perry,want the auto for my set, the card can be pathetic lol -pm me if u are going to be there saturday or all week prefferred and can get this done-hes 80, dont have too many autos left in him i dont suspect!
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    i will be there with my son and i am driving from michigan ...i am going to opening day on wed and staying until thursday...man the hotels there are outrageous it is costing me $180.00 a night to stay a mile away from the airport...most places claim to be sold out until sat...i am going there to try and buy some older rack or cellos cases and possibly some wax packs that i need...i am also trying to finish a nice 55 topps football all american set...it should be fun...terry
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a motel 4 miles from the show.

Motel
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I just need a place to sleep, I am staying south of the show at a Motel 6, was around $60.00, will be there on Saturday. Just there to mainly look at stuff I would otherwise never get to see, and to pick up a couple of T206s PSA 3-5 range.

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    If anyone notices any dealers with graded '84 Donruss or graded Luis Tiant/Camilo Pascual cards, please grab a business card or a web address for me, please. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 520 ✭✭
    Hey 1neatstuff, I live in the Cleveland area (right on Lake Erie)...there must be 30-40 motels within 5-7 miles of the IX center, no where near downtown Cleveland so you will not have to worry about rush hour traffic, etc....if you want me to look around for you, I can. the one link that has been posted to the Motel 6 is in a nice neighborhood, an upscale suburb and the motel is right off the highway that leads to the Ix center (I-71). Anyone else need directions, suggestions, etc..let me know. Also, the Browns training camp is only about 10 minutes from the IX center....John
  • Options
    hi there john yes yes that would be great i kinda like the idea of being right near the ix center...they also have a shuttle that takes you there i was told...i have some pretty nice items that i am going to take to maybe trade i just dont want to be in a tuff area but if its nice thats great...thanks again...terryimage
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey 1neatstuff, I live in the Cleveland area (right on Lake Erie)...there must be 30-40 motels within 5-7 miles of the IX center, no where near downtown Cleveland so you will not have to worry about rush hour traffic, etc....if you want me to look around for you, I can. the one link that has been posted to the Motel 6 is in a nice neighborhood, an upscale suburb and the motel is right off the highway that leads to the Ix center (I-71). Anyone else need directions, suggestions, etc..let me know. Also, the Browns training camp is only about 10 minutes from the IX center....John >>

Did check the link, but that is where I am staying, beers at 9:00 p.m.
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    I am looking for Vintage NASCAR cards (1972 STP, 1983 UNO & 1986 Photo-Graphics) and 1987 Topps Football UK/American wax boxes or cases. The last thing I am going to do is get Tom Seavers autograph on the 1969 Mets ball I have. I am going to have him add his signature to the other 21 autographs on the ball!
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    How long does it take to get from Pittsburgh to the national?
  • Options
    go to maps.com or yahoo has one too i think and check it out, it will give you the quickest route there and the time
    the rube
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    I just finalized my plans. I will be spending all day Thursday at the national. My trip from the northern suburbs of Pittsburgh to the ix center should take just about two hours.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options

<< <i>I just finalized my plans. I will be spending all day Thursday at the national. My trip from the northern suburbs of Pittsburgh to the ix center should take just about two hours. >>

If you're there Thursday and see a 58 kahn's clemente can you call me if I pm a phone#? I'm hoping to find one over the weekend, but if there's one for sale I'll just come get it. I'm 80 miles away, for once I'm in the right part of the world. image
  • Options
    still bumping for the 50 bowman tittle
  • Options
    i got it wwwhooooooooooo,tittle auto on rookie card,sweetness to the max,plus i need it for my psa/dna set lol
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about an update?
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Mike:

It's early but there is a brief thread over on the net54 board--not sure if you saw it or not.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    i just got back from the nationals and it was ok i think it was much better 2 years ago...i submitted some on the spot cards and i was told they would be done in a few hours and i had to wait until today at 430...anyways i went there to try and buy some vintage wax but the only person who had anything decent at all was steve hart at bbc exchange...i talked to him for a while and left kinda disappointed ...to me there wasnt anything super great but everyone has there own...i did get a jamurcus russel card and my son got a troy smith yesterday from the nationals that was a specail jersey card...i also just got my sub back from the june special 140 i will post as soon as i go over it...terry
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    I just got back. If you are into autographed baseballs or are trying to complete sets, then you would be very happy. I didn't arrive until almost 11:00. At 5:00 I was about two-thirds of my way through the show. One day is just not enough.

One of the vintage dealers I spoke with said that nothing from the 50s or newer was moving. He was only selling pre-war stuff.

Toward the middle of the show floor, a couple of guys had a table full of PSA graded cards for $5 each. There was a lot of garbage, but there was also a lot of PSA 6 and 7 50s football as well as some great oddball cards. I'm sure they will be pretty picked over by this weekend, but I grabbed about a dozen cards there.

I drove two hours and it was well worth the trip.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection