Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Anyone know where I can obtain one of these coins and get more information on it?

A few of us in the us coin forum would like to know where we could find these or what not can anyone help us out?
Great place to find old maps of cities Old City Maps Username-residence Password-welcome

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    i have looked over that thread they are just talkin about the coin i would like to know where to obtain one
    Great place to find old maps of cities Old City Maps Username-residence Password-welcome
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few sources on that thread. One being a name of the person that actually owns a piece, another is the name of the company that produced it, yet another one is the name of the board member that has a collector acquaintance in Osaka...
  • Options
    My Osaka collector friend had never seen one before, and considering that it is a 1934 piece of which undoubtedly had a very small mintage, finding one could be quite a project.

If I were seriously interested in getting one, I would probably send pictures of it to every dealer listed in the Japanese Numismatic Dealers Association catalog and see if anyone had a lead on one.
    Roy

• Options
    from what i have read from a friend it is not japanese
  • Options

<< <i>from what i have read from a friend it is not Japanese >>

The legends are in Japanese, the design depicts a koinobori, which is part of a Japanese custom, and the character in a circle logo is a Japanese convention.

Two Japanese collector acquaintances, one in Osaka and one in Tokyo, as well as the colleagues they consulted, all recognize it as Japanese.

What are the qualifications of your friend, and what does he/she think it is?

With all due respect, I respectfully suggest that your friend doesn't know what he/she is talking about.
    Roy