Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Interesting old reference books?

HI, all ~

This may be old news on this forum, but it was brought to my attention for the first time yesterday in a pair of messages from the Yahoo Conders group. It appears to be relevant, perhaps, for collectors of all sorts of darkside and US coins, tokens, and medals;
eBay link. Once there, use such terms as coins, tokens, medals, etc., in "Store Search" after you check the little box for "Title and Description."

The seller is accepting "Buy It Now" offers of $6.50 for this particular CD-R, so I bought one: <B>Gold Silver copper tokens trade merchant 14 old books</B>. I guess I'll have to spend some time with it before I can share my impressions, but for a collector of British/Colonial exonumia, it sure looks promising, as these are works I'd probably never get my hands on otherwise. At least the downside risk ($10 w/shipping) is pretty low. Other titles, with fewer books on CD-R, start at $4.99, so the "Buy It Now" bids they accept may be lower.

Interesting way to capitalize on one's library after copyrights have expired, but I can't imagine all the labor that must go in to scanning all those pages into .pdf's!

Has anyone on this forum had any experience with this seller or these CD-R's?

Have a great weekend!
Tom
I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy them too soon.

Proud (but humbled) "You Suck" Designee, February 2010.

Comments