Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Victoria medal

Here's a medal that won't win the prize for most beautiful depiction of Victoria. The piece is about 28mm in diameter, rather crude, and appears to be made of brass. Is this a common piece...has anyone seen another similar to it?

"Have a nice day!"

Comments

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I have never seen one of these before, but that is one ugly mug on Victoria!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have never seen one of these before, but that is one ugly mug on Victoria! >>

Well, have you ever seen her grandfather? He wasn't the handsomest fella around.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proclamation medal/coin?
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how much the crown resembles the ine on the third-guinea coinage. (With the addition of some rays emanating from it).

I've never seen that particular design.

I like it, homely though Vickie is on there. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    It is listed in British Historical medals as # 1851 made of brass and Rarity "N" Normal, no signature listed. I have seen them on ebay and I have to agree that the portrait maker must have held a grudgeimage

This one is close to yours, but unlisted in BHM . Must be by the same guy though image

From my collection:
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That last one pictured by theboz looks more like Margaret Hamilton...image

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.