Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

MTG Activity

Seems there's a lot going on with the MTG sets lately. 4 of the top 5 sets in Unlimited are all updated and the Alphas are bustling too. What's up with the Betas? It's like a ghost town over there. image

Big congratulations are in order for Michael. NO MORE 7s!!! I'm jealous. I still have two of those buggers hiding out in my set. image I hate Fungusaur so much... sigh...

Keep up the good work guys,

Jake

Comments

• Yes Michael did an amazing alpha / unlimited set ... And he live far from the grading center.
    He passed me on the unlimited and he diserve it.

Today i just got the amazing ! The PSA 8 alpha lotus from Michael s original set ...
    So perfect !
    I still wonder why it got PSA 8 ... It s one of those perfect card you send and they come back misgraded image
    Anyway this card will never travel again ... I would not trade it for a PSA 9 image
    It s the card i prefer in my collection.
    I will put a picture soon.
    Collecting MTG cards from Alpha to Antiquities.
  • Got some stuff back...

LINE # CERT # CARD CARD CO. CARD # CARD NAME VARIETY GRADE
    1 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING ANIMATE WALL UNLIMITED 10
    2 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING BENALISH HERO UNLIMITED 10
    3 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING CHANNEL UNLIMITED 10
    3 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING CHANNEL UNLIMITED 10
    4 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING CHAOSLACE UNLIMITED 9
    5 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING EARTHQUAKE UNLIMITED 10
    6 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING DRUDGE SKELETONS UNLIMITED 9
    7 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING EVIL PRESENCE UNLIMITED 9
    8 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING FARMSTEAD UNLIMITED 9
    9 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING GIANT SPIDER UNLIMITED 9
    10 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING HILL GIANT UNLIMITED 9
    11 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING HOLY ARMOR UNLIMITED 10
    12 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING HURLOON MINOTAUR UNLIMITED 9
    13 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING INVISIBILITY UNLIMITED 10
    14 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING ISLAND UNLIMITED 10
    15 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING KELDON WARLORD UNLIMITED 8
    16 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING LIBRARY OF LENG UNLIMITED 9
    17 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING LURE UNLIMITED 10
    18 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING NETTLING IMP UNLIMITED 9
    19 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING PARALYZE UNLIMITED 10
    20 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING PEARLED UNICORN UNLIMITED 10
    21 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING PHANTASMAL TERRAIN UNLIMITED 8
    22 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING PLAINS UNLIMITED 9
    23 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING REGROWTH UNLIMITED 10
    24 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING SAMITE HEALER UNLIMITED 9
    25 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING SCATHE ZOMBIES UNLIMITED 9
    26 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING SEA SERPENT UNLIMITED 10
    27 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING SIREN'S CALL UNLIMITED 10
    27 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING SIREN'S CALL UNLIMITED 9
    28 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING TERROR UNLIMITED 10
    29 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING UNHOLY STRENGTH UNLIMITED 9
    29 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING UNHOLY STRENGTH UNLIMITED 9
    30 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING WALL OF AIR UNLIMITED 10
    31 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING WHITE WARD UNLIMITED 10
    31 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING WHITE WARD UNLIMITED 10
    32 1998 MAGIC-GATHERING ANGEL OF FURY PORTAL SECOND AGE 10
    33 1997 MAGIC-GATHERING ARCHANGEL VISIONS 10
    34 1997 MAGIC-GATHERING INTUITION TEMPEST 10
    35 1998 MAGIC-GATHERING 330 TOLARIAN ACADEMY URZA'S SAGA 10
    36 1994 MAGIC-GATHERING VESUVAN DOPPELGNGR. REVISED 9
    37 1994 MAGIC-GATHERING VOLCANIC ISLAND REVISED 10
    38 1999 MAGIC-GATHERING 133 BORROWING EAST WIND PORTAL THREE KINGDOMS 10
    39 1999 MAGIC-GATHERING 109 DONG SHOU, TYRANT PORTAL THREE KINGDOMS 10
    40 1999 MAGIC-GATHERING 2 EIGHTFOLD MAZE PORTAL THREE KINGDOMS 9
    41 1999 MAGIC-GATHERING 7 GUAN YU'S 1,000 PORTAL THREE KINGDOMS 10
    42 1999 MAGIC-GATHERING 78 IMPERIAL SEAL PORTAL THREE KINGDOMS 10
    43 1999 MAGIC-GATHERING 17 RAVAGES OF WAR PORTAL THREE KINGDOMS 10
    44 1999 MAGIC-GATHERING 95 ZHANG HE, WEI GEN. PORTAL THREE KINGDOMS 9
    45 1999 MAGIC-GATHERING 33 ZHAO ZILONG PORTAL THREE KINGDOMS 10
    46 1999 MAGIC-GATHERING 66 ZHUGE JIN PORTAL THREE KINGDOMS 10
    47 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING CIRCLE PROT:WHITE UNLIMITED 10
    48 2000 MAGIC-GATHERING 3 BLINDING ANGEL NEMESIS 9
    49 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING ISLAND UNLIMITED 10
    50 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING ISLAND UNLIMITED 10

Date Received: 06/07/2007
    Date of Grades Posted: 07/24/2007
    Date Shipped: 07/24/2007

Overall I was pleased with the results. I knew this group wasn't as strong as my last one, and PSA seemed to agree. I was a little suprised by the Blinding Angel (10 for sure) and the Phantasmal Terrain (8 - WTF???), but otherwise the grades were about what I figured. Nice to see PSA and I are on the same page image

After a year of soul-searching and looking at my collection, I have decided which direction I want to head in going forward. I realized that I simply couldn't do everything I wanted and tried to settle on what was most important to me. I got back into collecting MtG 3 years ago to finish my Album Set; after going in many directions since then I have finally come back to making that my primary focus once more. Along with that, the only "natural set" that I was really interested in was Unlimited, as it isn't part of my Album Set and still is my first true love in MtG (you never forget your first, right?).

To this end I have begun using my PSA cards to upgrade and fill in my Album Set - going forward the only cards I plan to keep slabbed are "the best of the best" so to speak. I will keep my Unlimited set intact and will showcase my PSA 10's (and 9's of Alphas or other big $$$ cards). My new purchases will be only to improve on my Album Set (which consists of one of each card picture, old style, and mint, black-border, foil, signed & english if possible) or my Unlimited set. I will keep my PSA Showcase cards, both as a display piece and a starting point if I decide someday to finish those sets.

I'll tell you one thing, I'm getting very adept at cracking slabs open image

Take it easy,
    Jared
    "You consider me the young apprentice,
    Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes,
    Hypnotized by you if I should linger,
    Staring at the ring around your finger" - Sting

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.
  • super nice grade ... Congratulation !
    I like :
    42 1999 MAGIC-GATHERING 78 IMPERIAL SEAL PORTAL THREE KINGDOMS 10
    5 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING EARTHQUAKE UNLIMITED 10
    35 1998 MAGIC-GATHERING 330 TOLARIAN ACADEMY URZA'S SAGA 10
    34 1997 MAGIC-GATHERING INTUITION TEMPEST 10
    37 1994 MAGIC-GATHERING VOLCANIC ISLAND REVISED 10

I have the 2 first but i realy like the TOLARIAN ACADEMY ... if i could find one PSA 10 image
    I have one with a little ding on an edge ... PSA 8 i guess :-(
    Unlimited is the most famous set from those that saw the begin of MTG first because it s the first set avaible for foreign country and second because most of player from 1993 bought their first booster at the unlimited series.
    However alpha is the dream set for foreign old MTG collector because most foreign almost didn t see them ... Now with ebay it s much more easier to get an alpha image
    And beta is the best set for player (Black border / no misprint / same size) ...

• Excellent submission Jared. I'd freak if I ever saw one of my subs do that well.
  • tmmoosetmmoose Posts: 253 ✭✭
    Hmmm, well ... I reckon its still pretty close - if Bastien picks up a few extras from Steven then he'll be back in the lead again. :-) Getting the last 30-40 cards is going to take a while though. I'm going to start picking up all the raw stuff I can, aim to get about 10 good copies of the cards I need and then submit the best 2-3. That should hopefully get me a long way towards completion. I guess that'll take a while though.

Having no more 7s is pretty cool, a real milestone ... I think I've only got about 25 more 8s to get rid of as well, so I'm pretty happy with the Alpha set at the moment. Still never going to be #1 again, but hey never mind!

Thulnath: Glad to see you got some good results too - I guess you won't be needing that Benalish Hero after all! I might drop you a mail to see if I can pursuade you to part with a couple of your unlimited PSA 10 cards if you're not going for a full set. I'm sure we can come to some sort of an arrangement. lol

• By the way any one ever saw a complet summer set ?
    I bought some of this set and got them graded ... I don t like this set because it s a later set and there is no power cards... It was nothing for me before (in 1995-97 a friend show me this bleu hurricane and no one wanted because it was misprinted LOL ! )
    Well i refused him my revised well printed goblin king (i was looking for something better : not misprinted at least)image
    Now that it worth lot money i bought some just to have some rarity of this rare set ...
    I saw kikta bought ton on those, any one know those collectors ?
  • Yeah, I thought the grades were pretty good - the ones Bastien mentioned plus the Ravages of War, Regrowth, and Terror. Actually, the only big one I didn't hit was the Vesuvan (lousy Doppelgangers!!!). I went through all my rare cards at one point and pulled all the gradeable ones - even though it wasn't too many of them, I still had around 300 cards, which = $1500 in fees image So I went back through them and pulled all the ones that were on the WotC Reserved list, plus a couple of favorites. This left a much more manageable stack. I still have around 20 or so in my "to submit someday" pile, along with some AQ and LG commons and uncommons. My membership lapses next month, so maybe in a year or 2 I'll renew and send them in, if I still care image

Yep, I figured since you offered me the Hero that if I only got 1 10 in the whole batch, it'd be that one image . I do plan to get my Unlimited set all PSA 10 someday, but for now I'm happy to have it complete with partial PSA 10 / partial NM-MT raw & PSA 9 (except for 8 or so cards I still need to upgrade). BTW - how do you get paragraph breaks in you set descriptions? I typed them in but it just ran all my words together; I had to go back and add commas just so it made sense!!

Check out magiclibrarities if you want to see the Summer collectors - those boys have some neat stuff!!

Take it easy,
    Jared

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.
    The descriptions that come up before you set are basically just mini-web pages themselves - if you write in HTML it will correctly process it when it shows at the top of your page.

So you can get paragraph breaks by using the HTML >P< before your paragraph to make it start on a new line. You can also use >br< to break up some the text. Best thing is to experiment a bit.

If you are more proficient in HTML (or a web page design program) you can do some quite cool things! I'm expect others probably have more experience than me in this area, I've not really done any webpage writing for about 10 years now!

I'd love to have the "different cards" e.g. Unholy Strength, Hurricane from Summer. I haven't seen a complete set, although I'm sure there must be someone out there working on one. Maybe I'll add it to my list at some point. Magiclibrarities, as Jared says, is a great place for the more unusual Magic aspects!

• I know nothing about writing webpages image

I still can't get paragraph breaks image

sigh....

Possibly because my advice was slightly faulty.

Try <p> instead of the tripe I wrote above. :-)

• Amazing cards here ! Look at this Gemed mint unlimited Lotus ! First time i see a lotus unlimited Gemed mint miscuted like this ... Maby it s an unlimited that went through an alpha cuting machine ?
    I guess it s a 1/1 ... The Lotus you need in you unlimited set image
    item # : 250150991860
  • Wow - I know I haven't been buying as of late, but I just might have to make an exception for that beauty image

BTW - I always buy my high $$$ items from people with really low feedback; you get the better deals that way image

Take it easy,
    Jared

• I don't know....it looks like a fake to me. It's like the fake ce P9 that were reback on new cards. In this case the idiot put it on an alpha card and is trying to pass it on as a miscut. Smells like fish to me...
    Steven Karpman
    "spacebaby" on ebay