Home Sports Talk
Options

Will the New York Yankees catch the Red Sox and win the AL East?

I think so. image

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."

Comments

• Options
    nope. i think not.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point? Yes I think they will, they are going on a rampage through these weak teams that troubled the Red Sox and will benefit from beating the teams they should, my team is too unpredictable as far as scoring runs goes, our offense becomes non-existent for stretches and it is a crap shoot when we will be hot or not. The inconsistency we show is eventually going to bite us in the a$$ big-time.

If we allow the Yanks to win the division we will deserve EVERY bit of jeers thrown our way, and you know what? I will stand by my team but I will welcome it.

EDITTED: Signed, A VERY ANGRY SOX FAN.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A-Rod will go into a slump in September. Count on it. image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Incoming!!

: ducks for cover :
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Looking through August, it appears to me that the Red Sox have the easier schedule, though I think it all evens out. The two 3 game sets the Yanks and Bosox have against each other are going to be HUGE. Maybe the most important series between them since 2004. I certainly hope the Yanks take over the Red Sox...what a story for the ages that would be! But, Im not getting at all excited quite yet. A lot of work to be done and the Bosox have to completely blow it. That's asking a lot from the baseball gods. Maybe George will write the gods a check image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    history tells us that the Sox will be out of it before the end of August, no?
  • Options
    No not going to happen this year. If the sox play 500 ball they win the division.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No not going to happen this year. If the sox play 500 ball they win the division. >>

that's the part I'm concerned about...the Sox' ability to play .500
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I voted no, but I really think yes.

The Sox have the pitching to keep them just competitive enough for it to break our hearts when the offense eventually fails us down the line.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    if not, george will just buy a whole new team lol-500 for arod saturday?hope so
    randy
  • Options
    Yes, Joba, Hughes , and Ramirez will make the difference.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    No way Yankees pull it off. At least not this week, cause the mightly Angels will be sweeping the Yankees out in Anaheim this week.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    Sorry but I disagree. The Yankees beat the Angels 2 out of 3 the last time they played each other. The Yanks are on a roll and will take care of business in Anaheim.

• Options

<< <i>Sorry but I disagree. The Yankees beat the Angels 2 out of 3 the last time they played each other. The Yanks are on a roll and will take care of business in Anaheim. >>

Suuure they will. As much as I want the Angels to lose, there's no way they lose 2 of 3 to the yanks.
  • Options
    Angels own Joe Torre and what ever team he puts on the field.

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options

<< <i>Angels own Joe Torre and what ever team he puts on the field. >>

Not that that is an exclusive club, Torre was a sub .500 manager before giving the brass ring of managing jobs.

• Options
    should be a very interesting few weeks. many key series coming up.
  • Options
    Kinda a huge series coming up huh?
  • Options
    Kinda a huge series coming up huh

When the Angels sweep the Yankees and The Sox sweep the D-Rays. Yankees will then spend September battling for a wild card spot

• Options

<< <i>Kinda a huge series coming up huh

When the Angels sweep the Yankees and The Sox sweep the D-Rays. Yankees will then spend September battling for a wild card spot >>

I LOVE THAT THOUGHT!!!! Lets work on that..
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    so long as the Sox keep pitching GagMe in key situations, yes. The Yanks will eventually catch up.
  • Options
    I'm not even a Red Sox fan, I can tell you Gagne is mop-up from this point on. Sox gave it a shot, thinking it would improve them. It didn't work out

• Options
    This was the original poll. Somebody started a new one.

• Options
    Poll over. You guys had your chance. To vote now is cheating. image

• Options
    Is the pope catholic?