Home Sports Talk

Town hall meeting on ESPN about Barry Bonds

What a joke, held in San Francisco it was a very biased pro Bonds crowd and the panel of "experts" or whatever you want to call
them played right to the crowd.

Comments

• yep. an auditorium full of Bonds fans (delusional) and half the panel were former players/ friends of Barry. How very convenient.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Would certainly be MUCH better if they held it in Chicago with Jerry Springer's audience!
  • estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭
    A bad show. Bob Ley is not very good. He let some guy talk for 3 minutes before he even made a point. Panel was terrible. One could hear a better Bonds debate on PTI in 1 minute with Wilbon and Kornheiser.

I also caught a Bob Costas special on baseball, which outside of the guy whom invented "The Clear" was largely disappointing. Selig is such a buffoon. MLB needs to get this guy replaced! Costas was too nice to Selig.

I blame baseball not the players.
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    Selig is a tool, he said he will be at the games because"everyone is innocent before proven guilty"....

Bonds admitting taking steroids in the leaked grand jury testimony!!! he doesnt need to be FOUND guilty, he admitted his guilt that he took steroids, whether he knowingly took them or not is irrelevant...he wasnt held down and forced to swallow something, he took it ON HIS OWN FREE WILL....its only HIS FAULT if he truly did not know wha tthey were....

DONT PEOPLE GET THIS??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Selig is a tool, he said he will be at the games because"everyone is innocent before proven guilty"....

I wonder if he managed to keep a straight face when he said that..
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is any justice, a 97 mph fastball will hit Bonds in the wrists very soon . . . .
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i was hoping for the kness the other night lol, thought that would be quite fitting for ol billboardhead-wonder if the big puss is going to play tonight,the place was only half full last night, who want to go see a team 13 games back ? or if he still has to lay down for a napppy napp lol
    randy
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Now it is generally understood that he is going to be brought up on tax evasion charges and possibly lying under oath.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>Now it is generally understood that he is going to be brought up on tax evasion charges and possibly lying under oath. >>

They recently extended the investigation for another six months, I think they want to make sure they have an air tight case and have
    every possible angle covered.