Home Sports Talk

Priest coming back?

kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
I'll believe it when I see it, but the hot topic around KC is that Priest IS going to be in training camp and in pads. I haven't had much respect for the guy the way he's been the past year and a half, but it would go along way if he seriously showed an effort to get back on the field.
Travis

Comments

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    He's had one heck of a rollercoaster career.

I wish him the best image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if he does come back I think it will obviously be as a back-up to Larry. As far as the Chiefs go how is their O-line doing anyways? Have they made any changes? I think Brodie Croyle is their QB right? Maybe Priest would be better off not returning..
  • It's hard for me to imagine him coming back, and he'd certainly just be a backup anyway.
  • kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've not been following Holmes but I'm curious as to what is meant by how "he's been the past year and a half." >>

He's been collecting a check yet has been no where to be found. He sits in San Antonio, and every once in a while sends back a "Sorry, but doctor X said I wasn't healthy." Considering what he's getting paid, the least he could do is spend some time around the team and help out. Maybe provide a positive influence on LJ so he wouldn't be such a PITA.

He was spotted at a game one time last season in the owner's box eating nachos. I guess he hasn't been totally absent.
    Travis
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats up with Larry Johnson ? Is he going to be holding out this year or what?
  • kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    He'll hold out. There has been a lot of speculation this offseason that KC is trying to trade him. I know he's a great player, but he isn't shy about not liking KC, and I truly believe that if he was in a town like New York or Philly, where the media pays attention, he'd be recognized as a TO or Randy Moss with some of the blatantly stupid and self centered stuff he says.

I know Priest isn't the answer, but I'd love to see KC be able to move LJ for a couple high draft picks. Considering the state of the O-Line and the QB situation, this isn't going to be a year of the Chiefs in contention. Having a platoon of Priest & Michael Bennett would be fine for at least this year.
    Travis