Home Sports Talk

DEI & Ginn merge

kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
Just when Jr''s leaving led to talk of the death of DEI, this may be the kind of deal that can save them. Ginn has a huge facility, Mark Martin, and a truckload of cash to contribute.

DEI goes from a 2 (sometimes 3) car team to a solid 4 car team. If they land Kyle Busch to replace Jr., pair him up with a hot Martin Truex, the experience of Mark Martin, and Paul Menard (who will always have his dad as a sponsor), it gives them a lineup as good as any team next year.

A great deal for both teams whose futures were uncertain. Ginn has tons of money and a top notch facility. DEI has the sponsorships to put on the cars.
Travis

Comments

• GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    I care KCballboy. Others might not but I do. I'm a Kahne fan myself ever since Bill Elliot retired. I always loved the Mcdonalds car growing up so I just started to like Bill. Too bad KAhne is doing absolutely horrible this year. Oh well, atleast my boys Scott Dixon and Dan Wheldon are holding it down over in the IRL. I'm a huge fan of theirs. Met Scott Dixon earlier this year at the 24 Hours of Daytona.
  • SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    Certainly a good move, especially if they get Busch.

The other factor is the points standings, owners points and the guaranteed spot for this week. This is the latest team to make a move in order to avoid having to qualify for a spot. Elliott was brought back this year to use his past champion provisional. One or two others have done this also. Unfortunately good guys like Schrader, Nemechek and Marlin have suffered because of it.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Certainly a good move, especially if they get Busch. >>

It normally takes a good move to get bush.

Oh, you said Busch.

Nevermind image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • I have no doubt in my mind tha Bobby Ginn same into the sport with good intentions, but it seemed like the early 1980s "Jim Stacy" type of deal to me. Come on strong, throw a bunch of money around, realise that it takes more than money, bail out and find someone else to pick up the pieces or your mess.

This probably strengthened DEI a bit, but all the employees (more so than the drivers) that will be out of work because of this quick deal is who I'm thinking about. Somoene's getting the shaft, and Sterling Marlin and Joe Nemechek deserve better treatment than this.
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!