Home Sports Talk

the braves sure have screwed up against the giant tonite terrible

rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
they could have had this game over hours ago if stupid bobby cox didnt take out the guy who alomost had a shut out, then fat boy(dont know his name lol) comes out to pitch for the braves and tied it up for him and killed the guys shutout, 13th inning now,now wonder bobby cox is tied for getting thrown out of the most games,making stupid calls like that-lol- if any of you were watching, 7-4 now braves,theyre still gonna win, but they could have been on their way home by now bonds up for 6th time tonite,no homers,alot of people left 2 hours ago lol- i dont even like bonds or the giants-id just like to see him smack one out to spite cox now!!of all the bonehead things to do ,one more out in 9th and it would have been over!thats my rant lol

"my rants get raves" hawkeye pierce

Comments

• rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    15 innings and the braves finally got it, giants 14 games back now lol
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Chipper is just going off. Easily one of the hottest hitters in the league right now. He's hitting .419 since the all star break and .382 in the month of July. I really hope he can get close to the hall. He's 35 with 2044 hits, 374 HR, 1246 RBIs and a career OBP of .403. He's easily one of the best players of the last 10-15 years. I just hope he can have another 5 solid years. Average 150 hits, 20+ HR,80-90 RBI a year and stay away from injuries and he ends up with 2800ish hits, 480 HR, and a probable plaque in Cooperstown. If he does, I know I'll be there.
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>15 innings and the braves finally got it, giants 14 games back now lol >>

Sabean is running the Giants into the ground, and I can't believe he just got a contract extension. It's apparently so important for Bonds to get #756 in a Giants uniform that they can't afford to provide a supporting cast around him, largely because of the boat anchor that is the excessive salaries they are paying to all their creaky ancient veterans. Many of the multi-million dollar contracts for these codgers could be replaced with prospects or journeymen at nearly league minimum salary.

Sabean has always had a fetish for mediocre veterans over unproven talent. This year we're seeing that in the extreme, with the appropriate results.

The Giants have a couple of the most promising young arms in the game in Lincecum and Cain. They need to get clean house with the bats and the bullpen, which is hard to do because of how badly they are overpaying a lot of guys on the downhill side of 35. Apparently, Giants fans are supposed to believe 90 losses are a small price to pay to have Bonds break the record (arguably tainted, no less) in a Giants uniform.
    that must be it ziggy, was you guy s watching it last nite,after the 9th and nobody thought that bonds was batting anymore,half of em left,i was surprised to see julio franco still playing, worst batting averge in mlb but hes still out the anyway.for now, yeah the giants suck so bad its pathetic,they have none except the the soon to be crown king nothing!maybe by tonight they be 15 games back lol- that was funny when that fat pitcher went out there and almost blew it with one out left, should have kept hudyy in, cox only needs one more to have the record for getting kicked out of the most games lol, i would a gave it to him last night if i was that 1st pitcher that was pitching great,then cox took him out-he got a standing ovation in sf though! and replaced him with "chunky", that gave them the tie in about 30 seconds lol, i heard a heckler yell u cant pitch you fat sob lol, i tried to spot him but never could see where he was at,hopefuly hell be there tonight to, he yelled all kinds of funny things at that guy ,cant wait till tonight!bonds got 6 at bats last night-the braves are aways good it seems,compared to the older guys the giants have, they need to dump bonds and get some kids with potential in there, the only reason they are selling tickets now is because of bonds, after hes gone,good luck,14 games back, there nothing left to watch after hes gone
    randy
    Rube are you drumk?imageimage

• << <i>they could have had this game over hours ago if stupid bobby cox didnt take out the guy who alomost had a shut out, then fat boy(dont know his name lol) comes out to pitch for the braves and tied it up for him and killed the guys shutout, 13th inning now,now wonder bobby cox is tied for getting thrown out of the most games,making stupid calls like that-lol- if any of you were watching, 7-4 now braves,theyre still gonna win, but they could have been on their way home by now bonds up for 6th time tonite,no homers,alot of people left 2 hours ago lol- i dont even like bonds or the giants-id just like to see him smack one out to spite cox now!!of all the bonehead things to do ,one more out in 9th and it would have been over!thats my rant lol

stupid bobby cox took huddy out because he walked the first two batters of the inning without getting a single out and couldnt find the plate. He also already lost his shutout before he exited the game also. And in another post you said it went into the 15th inning? I am totally confused as to where you got that.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
    Yeah last night was 13 innings but a week ago vs. Cincy it was 15 innings.
    that is right fish-huddy did pitch a score in to lose his shoutout first with one out to go, what ever it was, cox almost blew it for the braves with one out to go, 13 innings/15 innings, what the diff?it went on for so long i knew it was something teen lol,cox screwed up putting that that fat pitcher they put that tied it up for em,dont remember what his name was but his era was 7.85,which was apparent last night for sure,,didnt think the game was ever going to end-at least the braves won!finally
    goot lol- last night ,yes lol,and i stayed at a holiday last night too!!image
    randy imageimage wwoooooo go braves- 4-0 shoutout i hope