Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Why do the ALL-Time Finest sets.....

get recognized instead of CURRENT all-time finest? Or maybe have a recognizition for both the ALltime and Current finest?

shouldnt the Blue star year label go on the Current Finest set and if that happens also to be a Alltime finest then so be it...

are some all-time finest sets dismantled?

just wondering aloud....

Comments

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I believe only current finest sets are eligible. A lot of the all time finest sets that aren't also in the current finest sets are usually retired and then dismantled.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    thats not how it happened in the PSA ULTIMATE SAMPLER SET...the award was given to the ALl time finest set, which doesnt even show up on the current list...
  • Options
    Putting the current finest lists at top would be like excluding all the retired players from the career home run list in baseball.

It's good to have a mix of current and retired sets I think.
  • Options
    DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭

<< <i>thats not how it happened in the PSA ULTIMATE SAMPLER SET...the award was given to the ALl time finest set, which doesnt even show up on the current list... >>

I thought he retired that set right after the cutoff date for the 2007 awards.

DD
  • Options
    fab4fab4 Posts: 280 ✭✭
    i always thought they should be taken off the registry after they are retired if any cards are included into any current sets.

<< <i>Putting the current finest lists at top would be like excluding all the retired players from the career home run list in baseball. >>

if hank aaron can transfer or sell any of his home runs after he retires to another player he should be taken off the list
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Putting the current finest lists at top would be like excluding all the retired players from the career home run list in baseball. >>

No it wouldn't.

The way PSA lists them now,
    it's like looking at today's newspaper for the current baseball standings and getting a list of who was leading the pennant races 3 years ago ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Consider this...some cards are listed in two, three or even four sets...as the set is retired and then sold and relisted in a new set...a card can be listed in each of these sets...doesn't make sense to me...

Henri
    Collector
    Topps 58,59,60,61,62,63,64 Sets
    Fleer 60, 61-62 Sets
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    interesting point...if a set is retired,then the cards should be, meaning they shouldnt be listed in any current sets....

if a retired set is sold and broken, its not retired anymore,its now working for someone else...

retired sets should be sets that dont change but remain intact......

who cares what the best set WAS, if it doesnt exist anymore?