Home Sports Talk
Options

Bonds' Ex-Mistress to Tell All to Playboy

stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bonds' Ex-Mistress to Tell All to Playboy

By PAUL ELIAS,AP
Posted: 2007-07-24 07:52:51

SAN FRANCISCO (July 23) - Barry Bonds' former mistress, at the center of the government's perjury investigation of the slugger, said Monday she will discuss the couple's relationship in the November issue of Playboy magazine.

The Playboy article, accompanied by a nude pictorial of Kimberly Bell, is scheduled to hit newsstands Oct. 1. The 37-year-old Bell said the article will cover details of her relationship with Bonds that she told a grand jury investigating the perjury allegations in 2005.

"The opportunity was there, and I took it," she told The Associated Press in a phone interview Monday. The photo shoot "was one of the most liberating experiences of my life."

Bell testified before the grand jury that Bonds once told her of his steroid use in 2000 and that he implied he started taking the performance enhancing drugs in response to Mark McGwire's pursuit of the single season home run record in 1998.

"He was very envious of Mark McGwire," she said from her San Jose home. "He never said that was the reason, but I know it was."

Bell testified about that conversation as well her relationship with Bonds, which lasted from 1993 to 2003. She also said Bonds gave her $80,000 in cash to buy a house, the proceeds of which allegedly came from a paid autograph session that authorities also are investigating as going unreported to the Internal Revenue Service.

Bonds' lawyer, Michael Rains, could not be reached for comment late Monday.

The term of the grand jury investigating Bonds' steroids testimony appears to have been extended because the San Francisco Giants left fielder's personal trainer remains jailed. Greg Anderson was to be released last Thursday, the end of the grand jury's term, unless the term was extended.

The U.S Attorney's office has declined to discuss the grand jury proceedings. But one of Anderson's lawyers, Paula Canny, believes the term was extended.

"Greg's still not out," she said.

Bell said she has not been called before the grand jury again, but declined to say if she has spoken with federal investigators since.

Bell's appearance in the magazine can't help the government's case against her former lover.

Defense lawyers are widely expected to argue that Bell was a woman scorned because of Bonds' decision to marry another woman during their relationship. Her appearance on Playboy may only add fuel to the defense's case.

Bell said the photo shoot boosted her confidence. She declined to say how much Playboy was paying her.

"If I had more self-esteem when I was younger," she said, "I wouldn't have been caught up with such a rotten man."

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets just remember their are 2 ( count'em TWO) sides to every story..especially after a break-up...
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Lets just remember their are 2 ( count'em TWO) sides to every story..especially after a break-up... >>

Actually, there's three:

1) His side
    2) Her side
    3) The real story

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Lets just remember their are 2 ( count'em TWO) sides to every story..especially after a break-up... >>

Actually, there's three:

1) His side
    2) Her side
    3) The real story

image >>

I stand corrected! image
  • Options
    Well when I think of hard hitting, truthful journalism, playboy is definitely where I go.

• Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    Perk,

Because you offer such nice scenery to all your replies - it will be worth your while to get the magazine. Because everybody knows that the only reason anyone buys playboy is for the articles.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>She's actually said much of this before in various interviews.

<<Well when I think of hard hitting, truthful journalism, playboy is definitely where I go.>>

I know you're being sarcastic with this comment, and maybe 20 years ago, that might actually have rang true. But the news (all outlets) being what it is today, it wouldn't suprise me if Playboy was the last bastion of real journalism left in our society. >>

Especially considering that Playboy doesn't have to rely on sensationalizing news to sell their product.
    Travis
  • Options

<< <i>Especially considering that Playboy doesn't have to rely on sensationalizing news to sell their product. >>

That's sig line material right there image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well when I think of hard hitting, truthful journalism, playboy is definitely where I go. >>

Actually, Axtell, we all know al Jazeera is where you turn first. That is #144 on the list of reasons this board - any board - is better off without you. (For those interested, his propensity for frequent and foul-mouthed PMs is #1, and his racism is #2).
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

al Jazeera
    Travis
  • Options

<< <i>image

al Jazeera >>

I agree it's funny, but I am absolutely NOT making that up. On the rare occasions that Axtell would allow herself to be pinned down on the source of her delusions, the answer was invariably al Jazeera.

Which reminds me of my favorite Axtell quote:

"I said invariably, which is a far cry from ALWAYS. I am sorry you failed basic reading comprehension in grade school (or you have gotten to that stuff in your remedial schooling)."

Note how she first manages to display her limited vocabulary, and then not only insult someone but do so with the very same insult that should be directed at her. Priceless!
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it that when an attractive female poses in her birthday suit she inevitably issues a statement indicating that doing so "liberates" her?

Liberates her from what?

I have never heard of a male or an unattractive female that is photographed in his or her birthday suit make a statement that doing so has "liberated" them. Have you?
  • Options
    She just wants $$$$$$$$$$$ Im sure you does not give a rat$ a$$ about anything else other than that alone.
  • Options
    I sure hope Jennifer Love Hewitt liberates herself soon in Playboy.

Gravity and age won't treat her kindly, IMO image
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baseball:

Physical beauty is fleeting and temporary and shallow (in multiple respects). Attractiveness as a human is based more on a person's good character, morals, ethics and values IMHO. Once a person has those, they are attractive.

However, there is no doubt that in general a pyhsically attractive female garners attention (wanted or not) from both men (all heterosexual men) and women (all women, physically attractive and unattractive, heterosexaul or lesbian). Even if the attractive female is a member of MENSA, a Rhodes Scholar and the inventor of a cure for cancer, they have to deal with being initially (and thereafter) sized up with lust and/or envy and/or anger by others. It would be a pain in the arse to have to deal with same on a daily basis.

However, I still do not understand the "liberated" feeling announced by attractive women who doff their clothes (and probably never will since I am a guy).
  • Options
    For the record since my direct, unambiguous request does not seem to have done the trick:

Axtell/Stitzen/Niam D'Sparil - whatever you're calling yourself today: for the third time, please stop sending me PMs. Not just today; forever.
  • Options

<< <i>For the record since my direct, unambiguous request does not seem to have done the trick:

Axtell/Stitzen/Niam D'Sparil - whatever you're calling yourself today: for the third time, please stop sending me PMs. Not just today; forever. >>

Funny you mention that.

This is his first alias that didn't bombard me with spite filled PMs.

Just forward them to SM1 or carol and they will take care of the problem image
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i always go to playboy to get the "scores" lol------- aljazeera arab league baseball news tonight broardcast "the hezzbollah bombers star ali bin shibbi blew himself up at home plate so the opposing team the persian death squads star yasser affafat the 14th could not score "lol now thats funny
    randy