Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Positive Dealings with Bkritz, Nearmint, Kris Keppler and Mint State

Just completed some "big" deals with these guys with no problems. Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mint State and Nearmint are GREAT to deal with. I have dealt with Keppler Enterprises before and they too are great but I cannot access their websight? Do you have a link for them?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank You, I had that exact link on my favorites.. weird maybe I needed to update it? Working fine now though.
  • Options
    All high quality reliable vendors.
    Those cards wouldn't have been............. FOOTBALL by chance?
    Your kicking sand around quite a bit in our little sandbox here.
    Welcome to the group of trouble makers in FB (Shoulda is the biggest).
    What are you planning on starting with in the way of sets?
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    Fuzz - My sandbox is pretty big. Take a look at my registry and the question should be.... What aren't I collecting? Pull up the 48 Bowman Registry and click the button to see my other sets.

Quick Link
  • Options
    I would welcome any thoughts for new sets Pre 1977. image
  • Options
    Quite an impressive display to say the least. Try this link
    http://www.footballcardgallery.com/60s_olympics/
    as a place to start. It is a good source for where people currently focusing their collections and would be a good idea for new sets.
    It is run by your good friend "Nearmint" and I'm sure he will appreciate your stopping by.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    How can you collect football and not know of that link. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be getting many medals at this stage but I plan to keep plugging away. I also use the Beckett "Football Bible of Sets" to locate new and interesting sets. Hope to beat you on a few auctions. image
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    Bean, Bean, Bean,

Now why would you go work a big deal with all those guys, when you know I'm still sitting on all of those 9's and 10's you need for your sets.

I've been fighting off all of the Disc guys that keep wanting to try and steal them away from me. "No!" I keep telling them ... these round cards are meant for Da Bean!

I'm also getting some new mint Coke caps, Salada coins, 1935 and 1952 Wheaties graded ... just for you! That way we can jack up your GPA a little more. Can you say .... Coke caps fresh from a factory set that was never pressed onto bottles! It should be all 9's and 10's. Yea, I see you drooling all ready. Maybe we can try out your new F.P.F.C.C.A. membership when all those baby's pop!

BTW, I just got the word from PSA last night that the mechanical error submission is finally done, so I should be getting it back in a few days, and I'll ship your cards out to you as soon as I get them in.

Mike

PS - beware of that Fuzz guy - he's a trouble maker! ;-)

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    Mike,

Thanks for the update. I didn't know that PSA graded the COKE Caps. Let me have them all. image I almost bought a ton of them a few years ago but they were used.

I guess it's time to look at the disc again. What you got? I should be able to complete the Bears/Pepsi/Crane sets with my latest sub. I hope to finish my 70 Kell set too.

52 Wheaties are tough. I just screwed 6 of them up trying to cut them from a box and I don't have any 35s.

I hate the Salada Coins but I committed to everything Pre 77 so they're on the list.

I'll be in touch very soon. Watch my store over the next couple of months. I hope it stays empty but I have a feeling the 400 cards I submitted to PSA won't come back as 9s and 10s. However, 250 of them should.

I just cracked a number of packs from the 50's and 60's. I'm also waiting on some 55 AA and 48 Bowman.

image - I'm having to much fun with the sets!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Dear Lickable,
    I am concerned that your moniker is possibly even nastier than I have been accused of mine being. Would love to hear the story.
    Mike is honest, reliable and delusional. Three fun traits to work with. ( ask him how his 66 set is doing).
    "Everything pre-77" in 9 and 10. Holy Crap. Hope your pockets are deeper than MOSH's.
    Some of those CFL inserts are really a pain. If you want to move quickly in the Nearmint pole, i suggest roll your own. My count is that there are nearly 30 sets that are gradeable but are not listed for just the 60's. There are many, many more pre-77. At five to get listed, it is not that many cards and you get to start in first. Shoulda could probably help with a lot of the really esoteric stuff, inserts, round cards and the like. Sticking to 9's only will slow the move on to the leader board down significantly for many sets. In the early 60's, alot of cards have not been graded 9 yet or are pop 1's locked up in longer term holdings, what to do then? Back in the day, MOSH actually staked out a few sets and few certificates by buying nicer raw sets and having them all graded. Being the only one at 100% can goa long way in some sets.
    Fuzz
  • Options
    Fuzzy,

I didn't say it was going to be easy or that I would complete them this year or next. However, I'm sticking to my guns and where there isn't a 9 or 10 I'll have to have one graded. I need so many cards it's not even funny. I started 95% of these sets just a few months ago. My goal is 10% completion for each set every year. That's a huge goal but one I will aim for. I may never finish these sets but this is the most fun I have had with collecting in years. I spent 4 years collecting the 48 Bowmans and I dumped them in a matter of hours. image lost a few dollars there but what the hell.

I plan to stay out of the rat race for medals and the little stars next to my name in the registry. I just want to get her done. Each year more and more cards will surface and if they don't SMR will go up and I won't have anyone to sell to. image

NastyBean -

Stay tuned............................ Oops - Just picked up a 1950 Bowman Conerly PSA 9 - Shoot - I guess I'll have to sell one of my kids. image
  • Options
    I forgot - Who is MOSH? image
  • Options
    Nasty,
    You are a miuch, much more patient man than I. I figure long term collecting goals are this afternoon.
    Without the medals, I would not get the pleasure of provide grief to Shoulda, Skinsfan, Wolf, Dav, Jeremy, Nearmint, etc.
    You having fun collecting and I'm just here to deal grief.
    Your mission can be mostly done with your patience, not mine. When you get the 66 Topps #132 in PSA 9, I will be glad to take your cast off PSA 8's. Some cards I am not sure will ever exist in PSA 9. Those while been interesting in a few years as they become relavent. In the meantime you can make great progess and I will only get in the way occasionally.
    Fuzz
  • Options
    Fuzzy,

Make sure you don't scratch my medals because one day I will come calling. I might need a court order but I will get them.

My short term goal is to get a nap. I must have louped 2000 cards last night and they were all 1966 Topps #132 cards. image

Its about having fun right. Oh we're going to have some fun.

Nasty Out
  • Options
    Now that was funny. I can see that clearly you have been hanging out with Shoulda a bit too much. I recognize the smack.
    I checked the 66 T FB set you are clearly working so diligently on as you mentioned and I found your set looming............
    Only 14 spots behind Fuzzdude 4 which has not been updated in several years. I will keep the medal scratch free and shiny and will keep a close eye on your progress.
    Hope you do better than Shoulda.
    Fuzz
  • Options
    Oh, Now you want to start pick'n on my sets. I see how you are and shoulda told me about this.

Here is an eye popping stat.

Started 43 Pre 77 Football Sets within the last 4 months. Remember - These are PSA 9 and 10 sets.

With these current sets, I need a total of 8007 cards of which I already have 841. Now, the question is ..... Out of those 8007 cards how many PSA 9s or 10s don't exist yet. That's my home work.

Yes - some sets still look a little weak but the cards are hard to find or cost a billion dollars. If you have extra PSA 9s for the 66 set let me know and I will send you all of my crane discs for them. image

Don't worry about me. It's going to be like the tortoise (Nasty Bean) and the hare (Fuzz).

BTW - I can't wait to get the 59 Topps Sub back. It should be awesome.

Check me out in a couple of months. I might be able to add 1 or 2 cards to my sets. image
  • Options
    I know the guy who has the 1 and only 66 funnyring checklist in psa 9 I bet for 25 k you might get his interest

What do you think FUZZ ?

Also i noticed you dont have any 52,s yet.
    Jeremy has enough nines to reach your 10 % goal if you stick to commons you should be able to get 15 cards for about 50 k
  • Options
    Skin -

Not looking for 1/1s just yet but I will down the road. I plan to tackle the more difficult sets 1 card or 1 pack at a time. I know it's silly but it's my goal. I do have some nice 1/1 for my 48 Bowman set. image

BTW - I never heard back on those 50 Bowmans you offered up. Got Scans?image

Cowboys RULE!
  • Options
    1k on the 50 bowmans NO Redskin card ever leaves my hands for less image
  • Options
    9's & 10's in 50's Felt's is going to be interestingimage
  • Options
    We'll talk after my vacation. I can do that if you send me some scans. I like to see 1K cards.

Also, where are the 52s mentioned in your last post. I didn't see any on baybay or any of the dealer sites.
  • Options
    LOL - Felts will be interesting as well as the leafs. Those sets might have to be done in 8s but I'll worry about that later. I'm more worried about finishing my discs sets. image
  • Options
    Jeremy the football card store
  • Options
    I know Jeremy and his store but I don't see any of his stuff on baybay right now.

0 items found

Does he have a website? or Is he on vacation?
  • Options
    I think it shut down for the National.

Edited for grameeeeeeeeeer. I guess it would have paid to finish high school.
  • Options

<< <i>Edited for grameeeeeeeeeer. I guess it would have paid to finish high school. >>

Bean,

You should let Art steal that quote to use in his tag line.

Mike
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    Thank God! A friend has arrived to my rescue. For a moment, I thought I was one of Vick's non-mating betches. image
  • Options
    Hey Fuzz,

I actually like Bean's resolve to start building straight PSA 9 or better football sets. Of course it will be a huge undertaking, and many of the cards will be next to impossible to find ... but I think over time, many more 9's will come out of the woodwork, and eventually someday (before da Bean shrivels all up) most of the sets could be completed. At least most of the 50's, 60's and 70's.

It's funny to actually hear myself say that outloud, but grades and pop reports have changed sooo much just over the past 2 or 3 years ... I just don't see it all drying up (or reverting back) anytime soon.

Heck, remember back when most people thought Lillo couldn't do his sets in straight 8's?

Mike

• Options
    Shouldabeen Knight Rider coming to my rescue so fast. Now there are two crazy people thinking it's possible. Truth be known, I don't care about completing the sets. It's all about the investment. I'll probably end up selling this stuff on QVC right after Ripken Jr. Hopefully I'll get an early time slot so I can make a steal on baybay at 9 EST.
  • Options

<< <i>Truth be known, I don't care about completing the sets. It's all about the investment. >>

.... I ... fear ... much ... trouble ... in .. the .. fuselage ... Fredrick
  • Options
    Love It!
  • Options
    I've done a few deals with Bean and never had a problem. Another one of the good guys in our hobby.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Thanks Frank! Now that my support group has been assembled let's get collecting. Where are the 52s? image
  • Options
    can reach Jeremy through his home page ,I think he took everything out of his store right now since he will be at the big show so to speak ,just guessing

http://www.thefootballcardstore.com

Last time i looked he had maybe twenty 52 smalls and some larges in psa 9
  • Options
    Thanks Skin! I'll buy one of them just for you. image
  • Options
    Bean, Bean, Bean,
    "rescue???" that seems a bit harsh. We only pick on you as one of the guys. Believe me, if we didn't like you this thread would be a lot shorter.
    I think you can get through probably half of those eight thousand within a matter of months and make a big splash in some of those sets. Honestly, I suspect this will happen.
    I have tried sets both ways, the best card available & upgrade that my good friend Dav despises so and the wait for the right card set. (My current set attempt this way is 61 Fleeer FB). Most of my sucsesses have been with the first method. The 61 Fleer has caused over priced cards and pain. I wish you better luck than I.
    I did see that you upgraded your 71-72 Dell Fb and actually took over third place. I put a little update on mine and see how it works out for us.
    See you in the medals table.
    Fuzz
  • Options
    Fuzzy - I was just playn around and I know you guys are messn. image

I couldn't believe I knocked you down on the Dell Board with only 16% but I guess the Sayers 10 helped. I bet you'll bump up real soon. Have you seen the Bradshaw before. The card is really dark but maybe I got a dud.

For my other sets:

Don't get me wrong, all grades are great and hell there are some out there that I will never be able to afford. Most of the 70s I plan to get as much of them as possible from baybay (?SC) and then crack boxes from you know who. Anyone else doing the 1970-1976 Topps Series. I'd be willing to split a box. 71 is tough and expensive but a nice cello/pack box of 73, 74 or 75 would be cool. Just remember I'm a nice guy and if I share the leader board with anybody then that is great. If I have something on my Unwanted Showcase Sets you need let me know. Right now the vintage stuff is kind of low but I think that will change since I started doing shows again. We have several shops in VA and I have been traveling to them a couple times a month.

Waiting on 4 subs

1976 Topps Football - Should pop any day now
    1976 Round things - Summer of 2012
    1970 Kell - Spring of 3001
    1959 Topps - Busted a Cello Pack and in the middle of the 12 cards - Bobby Mitchell. I also got 2 - Karras and 1 - Jones. This one should pop next week.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I've always been a c+ student....................... I just need some tutoring

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    lickablebean-
    I have an extra 1968 Topps football team test set for you to add to that awesome collection if you want?
    I also have a really good start to 1977/78/79 sets (above the 9.00) to get you going.

Email me directly at shaneleo@aol.com if interested. Really nice collection!

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    Shane - email sent
  • Options

<< <i>I did see that you upgraded your 71-72 Dell Fb and actually took over third place. I put a little update on mine and see how it works out for us. >>

Hey Fuzz,

Thanks for reminding me about those Dells. I'd totally forgotten to start seperating and submitting that minty uncut set I have. I'll bang out a few PSA 10's real quick and smack you and Bean back down out of the medal rankings where you belong.

Geez, I feel like I'm playing "whack a mole" sometimes ... trying to keep up with all of these FB sets you're sneaking in on.

Why don't you go work on that '72 Sunoco set for a while ... those 624 stamps ought to keep you busy long enough for me to catch back up! image

Mike

PS - Actually, I've mostly been working on upgrading my raw sets lately, and I sure could use me some of those 1961 Fleer tweeners you've got laying around there. Why don't you shoot me some of your want lists and let's do a little trading.

• Options
    Homz,
    Bring on the Dell's buddy. I have heard it all before. But why are you bringing the Bean to dark side. I know that you and MOSH are in this together. There are plenty more new sets in the works but have hit a little snag on plan A, moving to plan B. Should I send you a list so you can start now? Next think Glendale..........
    Keep your eyes of my Sunoco set. There is more coming there so just hang on. Also, have gone to hiding some sets under different names to keep you guys honest. As they get more in contention I'll bring them out under the flagship. Also have twenty + more sets to list for the first time so I will be buy for a bit more.
    Tweeners? You mean those raw cards that I have that are between PSA 10's and PSa 11's? Somehow you think I have a list of what I have, that would imply a list of what I need and an idea where it is. I assure you none of those things are correct. Try 2dueces. he might have stuff that he knows where it is. And speaking of 61 F, did you see Nearmint has taken over the lead now on this set. He has approx. 10% of the set in 1 of 1 PSA 10's. That is going to be hard to catch, even for the Shoulda collecting empire.
    Fuzz
  • Options
    Glendale stamps huh?

I've got a minty O.J. Simpson rookie from the 1969 Glendale's and a few of his other buddies to keep him company. Maybe I'll meet you over there when you register the set. I know how much you hate to be alone!

Yea, I think NearMint Mike and Mr. Bean represent the new wave of PSA 9 and 10 collectors that are gunning for all of our minty football cards nowadays.

I'm more of the old man in the rocking chair now. Sitting on the front porch, telling war stories about the good old days, when there were no PSA 9's ... and the very first PSA 8's were just showing up for football cards.

You remember, back in the day when we used to walk up to the store barefoot, in the snow, uphill ... both ways!

Now, these new fangled PSA 9 and 10 collectors ... with all of their "bling and piercings" and high tech sniping services.

;-)

I so look forward to the day when I'm completely senile .... ahh, the posts I'll make then. It will be fun!

Mike
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

<< <i>NearMint Mike and Mr. Bean... >>

Sounds like a bad Saturday morning cartoon, doesn't it, Rick?

The obscure sets coming out are an effect of the Olympics that I'm really enjoying. I still don't know what some of those cards look like. Sunocos? 1969 Saints Pro Players Doubloons?

• Options
    mojorobmojorob Posts: 392 ✭✭
    I so look forward to the day when I'm completely senile.

Don't worry Mike .......... you have a nice jump on it, you'll be there soon! image
  • Options
    OH... How I missed this thread while on vaca (Disney & Cruise). What did I miss on the bay last week? I did have a few subs pop while I was out but nothing to excited unless a 59T Karras RC PSA 9 and a 59T Mitchell RC/HOF PSA 8 floats your boat.

Very tired at the moment and I believe a good nights rest will bring more humor in the morning.

PS - I did purchase a very nice 1971 Disney NFL Football set with 40 Terry Bradsahw rookies and I believe they will all grade PSA 10 and PSA 11. Five of them are autoed with "I'm the man with a plan" image LB
  • Options
    I was looking for some good dealers to buy Pre-War, T-206 and T-205's from?

I'd appreciate help any with dealers and web sites.

thanks.
    Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com
  • Options
    Nearmint,
    Try an ebay search and you should get a good look at Sunoco. On the Hill Cards (ebay: Littledevildog) has been selling a group on a regualr basis lately. Saints Dubloons are in the book. Don't look really appealing. Maybe John can send you a scan.

Geez, we even drug Mojo down to our level with this one. He is correc though... Shoulda isn't that far away from the rubber room.
    Fuzz
  • Options
    Check out the Dell Registry. Got you again fuzzybear. image
  • Options
    Bean, Bean, Bean,
    Do you not get this? You can't win yet. (That 9.4+ will win in the end though). But in the beginning I have hold up my medal total. Nothing personal. I will have to go home over the next couple of nights and dig around to see what I can find. I think I have a few more I can put in now. I have dozens of sets waiting for entry and updating. You just moved up on the list though. Good to see you still have the fighting spirit.
    Fuzz