Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

A question about the registry-

I know that if you have a registry set that is 90% complete, PCGS grades the final coin free of charge. My set is 90% complete and I have located the last coin needed. However it was previously graded by ANACS and resides in an ANACS holder. Will PCGS reholder it for free?

Comments

• Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Yes they will, which is the main idea of this service.

Dennis
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick reply, I'll give them a call and get the details on how to complete the submission form.
  • Options
    Steve,
    After you contact PCGS and inform them of your 90% complete set, they will mail you a special submission
    form to use for your free grades. Depending on the number of coins required to complete the set, you may
    receive up to five freebies. Remember you must submit all freebies at the same time, they must be
    required in the set that's 90% complete, and all freebies, I say all, must be raw or crossovers. You can't
    submit one crossover and two raw. Well, your set is almost complete and I congratulate you. Let us know
    when it's 100% complete. That's always a great announcement!

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will regrade the coin not just reholder.
    Since it is a ANACS coin make sure it is not a problem coin before sending it in.
    The reason I note that is that ANACS holders cleaned and other problems that PCGS will not accept.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Could you submit, say 4 coins that are in PCGS holders, and hope for upgrades? image
    Dan
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think pcgs holdered coins qualify.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay