Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

eBay Listing Bug

Has anyone here had a problem listing items for sale without offering Paypal? I haven't been able to for over a week now and eBay keeps telling me it's a "site bug" that's a "big issue" not yet resolved.

The error happens when you list an item for sale and get down to the payment options, Paypal will be pre-filled if you have a Paypal account. But if, for whatever reason, you choose not to offer Paypal and un-check it, after you Save Listing there will be a red error message op top of the screen saying that Promotional Financing is being offered and to enter a valid value to the highlighted field.... But there is no highlighted field of course. (Not that it matters, but these listings are low price raw commons.) I'm p.o.'d about this having to spend time on eBay chat help etc, and can get zero help or satisfaction from those idiots. They even say I will have to continually try to relist to see when system is fixed....
Completed 12 bb & fb sets during 1956-61 from nickel packs...

Comments

• Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    i ran into the same problem a few weeks ago and i just hit "continue" and i was able to list it without paypal. so basically just ignore it, worked for me.
  • Options
    Unfortunately it won't work for me, it just repeats the same circle with the phantom "promotional financing - enter a valid value to the highlighted field" warning. Ebay acknowledges that this is a "site bug" with "highest priority" to fix. But how long should that take - over a week, with no email to let me know when fixed? I think it's just a bullying tactic to force people to use Paypal all the time...
    Completed 12 bb & fb sets during 1956-61 from nickel packs...
  • Options
    Not sure if this is going to help. Go to "my ebay", click preferences, then check seller preferences, go to payments from buyers. make sure the "offer PayPal to buyers" says no. The only way to have the option of PayPal or no Paypal is to have that toggled to "no". Sometimes the preference selections get wacked when ebay updates the system. If that is not the problem, then I don't know what to say.