Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

just sick to my stomach

Over night a PSA 2 1935 Chicle Swede Johnston came up for a Buy it now of $195. I was stoked to see the email and was ready to pull the trigger. Well, someone already bought it. Son - of - a -!@#$&.

I have been on the lookout for a lower graded one of those for my Packer HOF set for a few years now. It just slipped through my fingers.

Comments

• Options
    Dude, that sucks. Sorry for the miss! Maybe a PSA 3 or higher will hit very soon. Good luck!

Danny
    Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    I know the feeling....I lost out on a Don Mattingly '84 Donruss PSA 10 which was snapped up by a competitor and a Magic Johnson/Larry Bird PSA 9 rookie card that were both sold about $300 each less than they normally were going for. I could've made a nice profit and reinvested back into my sets, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. image

Sorry about your lost opportunity.....but, that just means that another one will come up for sale and you'll be able to snap it up! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea that is a tough hit
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    I had the same problem with 1984 topps Tom Seaver PSA 10. Every time one would come up. Something would happen. First my youngest son decided to push the power button right before I was about to bid. By the time I got the computer fired up again the auction was over. The next 4 Seaver PSA 10s that surfaced I lost on by pennies! *$%#$#@. I finally got one but it did take awhile after my first 5 attempts! It will happen for you. It did for me eventually. Best way to look at it is winning those auctions just wasnt meant to be...
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    troy.

it wasnt me. although it would have been if i had found it.

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>troy.

it wasnt me. although it would have been if i had found it.

jay >>

LOL!

I knew it wasn't you by the ID. And if you would have won I would not have been pissed either. You and I both deserve that card at that price. image

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for reminding me that I passed on a 1935 Chicle Hinkle PSA 6 for $199 about 2 years ago...

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i know the feeling troy, like "if i had just looked 5 minutes before instead of watching cartoons" lol
    randy