Home Sports Talk

so long to the racing beckett,is the hockey gone too,i havnt thought about em in years

rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭

i was surpised to see racing prices in the back of the baseball beckett,i guess they are too cheap to make one anymore,most of its not worth much anyways except for some of the autographs and insert cards

Comments

• dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Beckett is really a joke anyways. Their pricing is simply determined by throwing darts at a board. It's funny when you see that they have cards listed for $50 that consistently sell for $5 or less on ebay or through other sites or shops. Who ever really pays Beckett value for a card? Most will only pay a particular percentage of Beckett (or other trading publications) listed value for a card, thus values should always be dropping on most sets and yet they never seem to be. How can you say a card is worth $1000 if nobody has ever paid $1000 for it and it regularly sells for 10% of that? I understand that they are only supposed to be a "guide", but I simply feel their pricing is misguided at best. If you want a true guide, ebay sales is as good as anything. There's many factors that can contribute to a cards success on ebay (ie: title, pictures, feedback, etc...), but one can gauge accuracy of a cards worth better there than they can through Beckett IMO. But in the end, if you want to believe "your" parallel card of Joe Shmo numbered to 25, with 3 different versions in the set, is worth more than "my" HOF'er auto numbered to 100... so be it. I'd trade my crappy low-numbered inserts all day for HOF auto's.
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    lol aint that the truth, i cant even find stuff in em anymore they make it so confusing,especially with upper deck having so many set every year,i can find the good ol stuff in em no porb, it all this new stuff with 50 diff types of refractors and 12 diff inserts tyes and srtuff like that that takes forever to find in the stupid things any more,is the sports collectors diegest any good anymore, or tuff stuff,i as well just go by ebay for pricing, you cant go by the smr on here as stuff always goes way higher(at least the stuff that i always want lol)on ebay
    randy