Home Sports Talk
Options

Trivia Question

stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
In case you haven't heard, Stevie Franchise re-signed with Houston yesterday.

To refresh memories, we traded him (along with others) for T-Mac while they were both All-Stars and 1st Team All-NBAers. In my somewhat biased opinion, at the time they were arguably considered top +/- 10 players in the NBA.

So my question is this...

Has this ever happened before? Top players being traded for each other, only to have the other come back to the original team while the other was still there?

I'm sure that I could word this significantly better but it's Friday image
So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

Comments

• Options
    If not in baseball it will. A-Rod and Soriano. imageimage

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    fab4fab4 Posts: 280 ✭✭
    harry chiti was traded for himself

The New York Mets traded for Harry Chiti in exchange for a player to be named later. That player ended up being Harry Chiti. Thus, Chiti was, in a sense, traded for himself

seemed like a chiti deal all the way around
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    February 1999, Yankees traded David Wells to Toronto for Roger Clemens.

Wells then returned to the Yankees in 2002 and 2003 while Clemens was there.

Steve