Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How's this for a $6 purchase?

TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got 6 1913 type 1 buffalo's in vf/xf+ and an 1883 Liberty w/o cent in xf/au and all for 6 bucks out the door.imageimageimage

The close up of the buff. is about the average condition of the group.
Trade $'s

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Great deal and great looking coins for the grade.

I love the 13 T1 Buffalo. The design has a ton of character.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh? $6.00?? Will you be my agent? Nice!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Niiiice image
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! Buffs look great!

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    Was that a "Blue Light Special" at K-Mart ???

Nice pick...

Dan
    Fishing is not a matter of life and death.......It's much more important than that........
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    There's six bucks you'll never see again...image
    Seriously though, nice score.image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    GoldenEyeNumismaticsGoldenEyeNumismatics Posts: 13,187 ✭✭✭
    Great batch. WTG!
  • Options
    sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    Ok, what is the punch line. $199.99 shipping costs???
  • Options

<< <i>Ok, what is the punch line. $199.99 shipping costs??? >>

Well, I - for one - am still waiting for the rest of the story..............
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How old and blind was the widow from whom you took these coins?

(What else am I to think - this is a forum of coin collectors)
    3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    Nice coins...great buy
  • Options
    My local coin shop is very small and usually sells mostly state quarters and SAE's and such,but occaisionally has something decent.They don't really seem to know a lot about coins and will usually sell unc. items at the ms-60 price in the red book and circ. stuff at the G4 price etc.I try to stop by every Friday to see if they have any new inventory.Today I went in and noticed some nickel rolls that I had not seen before.They were in the clear plastic tubes and were labeled 1913 on mound buffalo's.There was a full tube plus a few in another roll.Looking at them I was surprised that all or most were in what seemed to be original vf/xf+ condition.I asked the price and the clerk said she thought a dollar each.So I picked out the 6 best and the best out of a half roll of 1883 no cents Liberty's and when I got to the counter she said "just give me $6 ".So I thanked her as usual and said,"see you next week."If they ever get anything really valuable and i'm lucky enough to see it first I'll be able to get it cheap.2 weeks ago I got a complete set of unc. Roosie's from 46-64 with several duplicates and some of the proofs from 59-64 ,plus a few silver proofs from the 90's(86 coins in all for $100.)
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Where is this coin shop? I think I need to stop by! image
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did good nice pickups. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    ShortgapbobShortgapbob Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭
    Nice pickups. You should have bought both rolls at those prices.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

For a large selection of U.S. Coins & Currency, visit The Reeded Edge's online webstore at the link below.

The Reeded Edge
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Gee...how come I don't get bargains like that?
  • Options
    TennesseeDave - I mean this in the nicest way, but:

YOU SUCK!!!!

Nice coins - I'm jealous...

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the entire roll was VF/XF 1913 Type I nickels for $1 each, why didn't you buy the entire roll? Why are you telling us that you left 34 nickels worth over $500 with the dealer that you could have bought for $34!!! Do you want a high-five for stupidity?

Based upon what you wrote, you are either "slow" for not buying the entire roll for $40 (easily worth $500-600), or you are pulling our leg. Which is it?

Sorry to be so blunt, but that is how I see this transaction. If you are telling the truth, then you had best get your butt back to that shop with $40 and buy the rest of the roll!!!
    3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options

<< <i>If the entire roll was VF/XF 1913 Type I nickels for $1 each, why didn't you buy the entire roll? Why are you telling us that you left 34 nickels worth over $500 with the dealer that you could have bought for $34!!! Do you want a high-five for stupidity?

Based upon what you wrote, you are either "slow" for not buying the entire roll for $40 (easily worth $500-600), or you are pulling our leg. Which is it?

Sorry to be so blunt, but that is how I see this transaction. If you are telling the truth, then you had best get your butt back to that shop with $40 and buy the rest of the roll!!! >>

Some of the coins had rim dings and spotting and such,but had vf+ details.I will go back a get some more of them if they are still there.The girl that works there would have probably figured they were worth a lot more and looked them up in the redbook or called the owner if i'd said I wanted all of them.
    Trade $'s
  • Options

<< <i>If the entire roll was VF/XF 1913 Type I nickels for $1 each, why didn't you buy the entire roll? Why are you telling us that you left 34 nickels worth over $500 with the dealer that you could have bought for $34!!! Do you want a high-five for stupidity?

Sorry to be so blunt, but that is how I see this transaction. If you are telling the truth, then you had best get your butt back to that shop with $40 and buy the rest of the roll!!! >>

I am definately telling the truth.I know how the people are,if I'd said I wanted the entire roll they would have looked in the redbook and said they were $11 each.So I will go back asap and get a few more.They had several other rolls from the 30's that I didn,t get to look through as well.
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of them would fit in some empty slots I have.
    I Like inexpensive collector coins. They fill a void !

I think 95% of us are in your boat, Dave. There are a few on the boards, who's stuff smells of lilac, but fortunately they don't attend these shows image

Joe
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    I will give you $7
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file