Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

HOF Grades Popped! I AM HAPPY!

$13/5 Day Submission...

Paid $13 for the Atkins off ebay.
Paid $100 for the Dawson a local show a couple weeks back. I did well with that one. image

1 1954 BOWMAN 4 DOUG ATKINS N/A 6
2 1963 FLEER 47 LEN DAWSON N/A 8

Date Received: 07/13/2007
Date of Grades Posted: 07/20/2007
Date Shipped: 07/20/2007

Comments

• Options
    Nice Job!
  • Options
    I did well with that one.

You did VERY well with that one!
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    The Atkins was a raw buy, I thought it might get a 5 actually..so I'm happy with a 6 and most of my mid-50s Bowmans are 6's so it fits in. The Dawson as an 8 is just fantastic! For $100, I couldn't hand the money over fast enough. It is 50/50 Top to bottom and 55/45 L/R. Beautiful color, little to no snow and 3 razor sharp corners. The bottom right has a little "hair" on it that I thought might make it fall into a 7 holder. But after seeing Dave's PSA 7 crackout come back a 6, I was afraid it might come back a 6... So an 8 is terrific. It won't get cracked out of that holder. image It deserves to be ther IMO. I thought I'd have to play the game a few times to get it there though.
  • Options
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Great job!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Josh - couldn't happen to a better guy!

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Awesome!!

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Thanks Dave, I hope you get yours into an 8 holder!
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to hold my breath. I will be glad just to get it back into a 7...

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    It sure was a sharp looking card. I think if it's as nice in person as it looks from the scan, you could get it into an 8 holder. I will say, the raw one I had didn't have any red missing on the back corners at all and it had 3 razor sharp corners and near perfect centering. I know the one you got looked just fantastic, I was VERY unhappy about not winning it. image

I'm pulling for you.