Home Metal Detecting
Options

July07

June 30th

New York button NY30

More buttons

July 4th

Early 1800s Artillery button AY50 RV35

July 7th New local site. This should be an interesting spot for the fall when the bees are gone.

Boot buckle. Appears to have been repaired

GAH buckle

1851 US cent

July 8th

1804 US half cent

July 15th Another new site. Major poison ivy, but no bees.

Silver thing. Been in a silver slump this month.

Toy car with missing door.

Small buckle

1748 George

July 19th. Same poison ivy site.

?

Small batwing buckle pictured with large buckle from earlier this year.

More pics when I can find another hour to spare.

Comments

• Options
    davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    very cool finds
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Amazing finds is all I can say....drool
  • Options
    Cool finds as always Tim.

Gary
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Dude, that artillery button is awesome image
    Alright... bring out the drool icon!

If you give it the boiling hydrogen peroxide bath, let it bubble for awhile, then give it the light toothbrush work, I really want to see the "after" pics of that one!

From the Riccar compliment dictionary:
    you know it's a find I reeeeally like if I break out the "dude"! image
  • Options

<< <i>Amazing finds is all I can say....drool >>

What he said ! ! !

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Whoa! That's a boatload of good stuff!

Some excellent buttons and buckles, and I see that you've made it into the 1700's in the coin department as well!
    That early half cent is a great find too

By the way, your coin finds in the summary pictures look very much like mine, condition-wise... image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    Looks like you had a busy month.
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Gary weasn't it you that predicted Tim was gonna give us a killer post?? You were soooooo right!!

Tim, I wonder if the silver find is a hair piece? If I saw the back that might give a clue to it's original use. It's gorgeous what ever it is.

You've been busy and I'd have to say based on the pictures, every minute in the field was productive one. Nice job!!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ornate "boot" buckle really rocks.

And you really suck.

As usual.

I see you're using Albert numbers, now- did you finally get your paws on a copy of the book? Or are you using some website that has Albert number cross-referencing?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Thanks for the repliesimage

Riccar- Too late for a peroxide bath. The button already hit the olive oil bath.

<< <i>your coin finds in the summary pictures look very much like mine, condition-wise... >>

Zot, I'm amazed at the similarities between our hunts. I'd bet that if we swapped countries, we'd probably have the same results reversed.

Marym- The silver thing is flat on the other side, adn doesn't appear to have anything broken off. The site is close to a house that one of the designers, from Towle Silversmiths, lived. I suspect it's part of a flatware display case.
    You mentioned an interest in the batwing buckle a month or two ago. The next, non-unique, 1600s batwing buckle is yours.

Rob- I bought an Albert book a few months ago. It's been fun going through my button jars to see how many I can find. I think I've identified around 30. Mostly RV1-3, but there are a few from RV 10-35. I think I need a British book now.

Got rained out today, so I'll post some finds from the 21st and 22nd.
    Went to 4 different sites. Two per day is about my average unless I hit a hot spot, or get skunked.
    Got skunked on 1 out of the 4. Not bad.

The $20 is a half size copy.

I believe this is from the 1940s.

US large cent in rough shape.

US dime 1884. From a town owned site that I thought was completely hammered out.

My first solid silver spoon. I found the spoon part and swung like mad in a four foot circle trying to find the handle. Nuttin. I gave up and started off to another part of the field and got the handle beep about 15 feet away. Pat. 1919

I've found a few of these name plates. Still no clue what they were used for, but this one still had baling twine attached to it.

Sky is clearing up.......I'm outta hereimage
  • Options
    Awesome, awesome finds. You are really rocking out there.