Home Sports Talk
Options

I remember the arguments like they were yesterday

1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
Culpepper and Vick are better than McNabb.

um, okay .....
collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im saying it right here, right now. McNabb will be a Pro-Bowler this upcoming season.
  • Options
    And Culpepper will never be an effective starter again, as far as Vick goes he is very capable if he does not go to jail.
  • Options
    I remember the Philly fans booing McNabb's selection in the draft like it was yesterday too.

I remember McNabb sitting out significant portions of 3 recent seasons to injuries.

• Options
    Right but McNabb has always come back from his injuries and been an effective starter.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I remember the Philly fans booing McNabb's selection in the draft like it was yesterday too.

I remember McNabb sitting out significant portions of 3 recent seasons to injuries. >>

Revisionist history. Philly fans did NOT boo McNabb personally as it seems you are implying. Philly fans would have booed any selection other than Ricky Williams. I forget who first said it, but if a coach or GM listens to who the fans want as players, pretty soon that coach or GM will be sitting with the fans, meaning of course a fired coach or GM - and that is mostly true. The fans often get it wrong.

McNabb was a fantastic pick, although admittedly Reid hasn't done that well in some other first round picks...and with some picks has done poorly.
  • Options
    Is it revisionist history to say that Eagle fans booed McNabb? No, its reality. It may be that they would have booed anyone not named Ricky, but the fact remains that McNabb was booed.

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Im saying it right here, right now. McNabb will be a Pro-Bowler this upcoming season. >>

That might be in his best interest. The chances of being injured by 10 pins is fairly remote.image
  • Options

<< <i>Is it revisionist history to say that Eagle fans booed McNabb? No, its reality. It may be that they would have booed anyone not named Ricky, but the fact remains that McNabb was booed. >>

It is revisionist history to imply that Eagles fans booed McNabb if implying that the 20 or so Eagles fans present at the draft madeup the majority thinking of the average Eagles fan. Only some media dopes and jackasses like Ed Rendell wanted Ricky Williams, as well as a vocal minority of fans like ones who always call WIP talk radio.

I liked the pick of McNabb at the time. Basically it is football 101 that you build an offensive football team in the NFL around a quarterback, not a running back. Most Eagles fans who I know, agreed with the McNabb pick over Williams at the time. If you remember, Williams wasn't even the first running back taken! You listen to the fans, and soon you'll be sitting with them, just like dope former head coach Mike Ditka.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I liked the pick of McNabb at the time. >>

Stop lying.

The "fans" at the draft were a true and accurate representative sample of PHI fan.

EVERY SINGLE EAGLE FAN IN THE WORLD BOOED MCNABB, PERIOD.

People who did not attend the draft nor even in the presence of another PHI fan knows it happened... It's like common knowledge.. Duh!

Heck, I even saw it on ESPN, so it's true.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I liked the pick of McNabb at the time. >>

Stop lying.

The "fans" at the draft were a true and accurate representative sample of PHI fan.

EVERY SINGLE EAGLE FAN IN THE WORLD BOOED MCNABB, PERIOD.

People who did not attend the draft nor even in the presence of another PHI fan knows it happened... It's like common knowledge.. Duh!

Heck, I even saw it on ESPN, so it's true.

image >>

Yep, believe everything you see in the media. image

And of course what perpetuates the revisionist history is McNabb himself for regurgitating the story when asked about it. McNabb, at least publicly, took those boos way too personally than he should have - but then again perhaps he wanted it that way as a motivational tool, like to prove the naysayers wrong and he certainly has done so. Of course it helped that Williams is a marijuana addict and would rather smoke the wacky weed than play football. But even if Williams would have had a great career as a running back, it was still the right pick for the Eagles to take McNabb.