Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Presidential Dollars - Wrong Gaskets?

Have you seen any Proof Presidential Dollars with the Tri-View Gaskets yet?

These are what I have seen on eBay....

Just curious if this a permanent change or just an accident?

Comments

• Options
    PCGS graded a few orders with tri-view gaskets and we ended up with some, but not all 4 Pres. They told me that they weren't going to use the tri-view. I talked to them again yesterday and said that there were enough people asking for them that they might grade them all in the Tri-View. It's unfortunate that most early graded coins have the standard gasket as the Tri-View showcases the coin much better IMHO. If all goes well, the next orders coming from PCGS will have all tri-view holders. (Including our next orders)
    Seth
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    That would be great.
    Since you are one of the larger Bulk submitters, hopefully they will listen to you.

Now If we could just settle this BS vs SF debate...

• Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Jim,
    I just got my proofs back. They have the Tri-view gasket. i'll be listing the PR69DCAM sets on ebay soon. I also will have a PR70DCAM GW. --Jerry
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if that is why they put the Proof Presidential Dollar I sent in for the free quarterly submission on hold. When I called the customer service rep said they didn't qualify. I told him the edges were lettered and they did allow it through after about three days. I don't understand why the wouldn't put all presidental dollars in the tri-view gaskets.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay