Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

crossover 20 ngc pf70ucam to pcgs pr70dcam

crossover 20 ngc pr70 to pcgs

Is the $400 in grading fees worth it? how many will cross over? There are 20 ngc pf70ucam silver state quarters, crossover to pr70 dcam pcgs

Comments

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not be surprised if none crossed.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    so its not worth the money then?
  • Options

<< <i>so its not worth the money then? >>

That depends on what YOU think. If none cross would you be sad you paid $400? If 2 cross would you be happy?

Personally I wouldn't spend that much to cross those, but that is me not you.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    You will not cross any. I was told about a year ago that PCGS will not cross a 70. They
    will not take the risk of cracking out a 70. Your only shot would be to crack and send them
    raw.

But, I was told this from a former PCGS employee.....
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Take Onlyroosies advice...if they are perfect, crack them out.
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    I dont know really enough to grade my own coins, fortunately i only paid around $20 each for them so it wont be a problem to resell. thanks all
  • Options
    TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598
    If you really, really think that a couple of them will cross and the money is not that big of a deal to you, then go for it. But like someone already stated, PCGS will not cross a NGC PR 70, you have to put a minimum grade of PR69 or "ANY" on the order blank - this way PCGS can crack the slab and inspect the rim / edge and if it is a PR70 by their standards it will come back to you in a PCGS holder as such.image
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
  • Options
    MoneyLAMoneyLA Posts: 1,825
    not a chance. sorry.
    cheers, Alan Mendelson

BestDealsTVshow.com
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0%.
    As mentioned, PCGS has stated they will NOT crossover a "70" coin. There could be a ding or something hidden on the rim or by the plastic holder and so they won't risk their guarantee/reputation on it.

If you wanted to go this route, you would have to do, as mentioned, and crack it out, submit, and pray.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment