Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Near Mint/ Mint? What can this guy be thinking?

Near Mint/Mint?

I was searching Ebay looking for a new set to build when I stumbled across this crap. What is this guy thinking? How in the world can a person with almost 10k in feedback claim in a title a card being NM/M yet the picture clearly shows a VG at best card.

Sheesh talk about seeing ones stuff through rose colored glasses this is ridiculous.

In fairness his price is about right for a VG card (3.99) but that is the starting price.

Steve
Good for you.

Comments

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Steve I totally hear ya, it seems to be getting worse..HOPEFULLY before it gets better? What is worse this guy seling VG listed as NR-MT or Great_lakes/card_collectors with a GIANT subtitle "wet sheen, perfect gloss, etc etc" and then the desprcitons says wet sheen, creases, perfect gloss, etc etc
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    So I emailed the guy asking if it was a mistake? His reply?

It was the wrong card pictured, the other one is nicer.

I should ask him about the other 10 he has listed.

he also told me to look at his feedback.

If a person can't 'get the right' card pictured how am i to bid on any of them?

I should reply to him and ask if he is going to put the 'nicer' one up.

But at this point I'm not buying anything from him so Ill pass.

Steve

Good for you.
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Steve don't you guys realize that the seller is waiting for some idiot buyer , that doesn't know any better. I can't believe anyone would ever question any seller's integrity, about how they describe what they sell. More and more "GARY's " are popping up everyday.

Ebay , in their quest for profit, must also count on buyers stupity, otherwise most auctions would be ended , due to lieing or misrepresenting of products. Ebay reminds me of "Hogworts" in the Harry Potter saga, "its no longer safe". Its be coming largely likened onto the old biblical desription of " just a bunch of thieves and robbers along the highway ". Its sad, that they don't ban the sellers that are killing the buyers confidence. Gosh whats wrong with me I forgot , its all about the money.

By the way, thank you for your tasid support over on the "sellers advice " thread. Still nothing in the mail. Maybe Rob is the new type of seller , who waits a week after receiving payment , to post that they received payment, then waits another week to mail out, then tells me everyone is happy with his fast service.

As the Moody Blues sang " We're living in the land of make believe, trying not to let it show ".
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "VERY ÑEAR MINT with some minor discoloration." Link