Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

i have some...

coins that i want to get submitted for grading, i know they are not valuable coins or anything but i just want to see what happens...

i have the following that i want graded:

Errors
1- 2007d Montana quarter "struck through grease?" it is missing LIB of Liberty, ST of TRUST and the Mint Mark is barely Visible
2- 1972d Kennedy Half Dollar "DDR"
3- 1995d Washington Quarter "DDR"
4- 1982d Large Date Lincoln Cent "DDR"
5- 1909 Lincoln Wheat Cent "slightly rotated reverse"
6- 1957d Lincoln Wheat Cent, I beleive it is a "DDO"
7- 1968s Lincoln Cent "DDO"
8- 1995p Lincoln Cent "Partial "5" in date"
9- 1955p Lincoln Wheat Cent "Poor Mans Double"
10- 1955p Lincoln Wheat Cent "Poor Mans Double"
11- 1942 Washington Quarter "Cud Below Date"

Other
1- 1956 Wheat Cent
2- 1955 Wheat Cent
3- 1956 Wheat Cent
4- 1957d Wheat Cent
5- 1890 O Morgan Dollar
6- 1950 Booker T. Washington Half Dollar (Commemorative)
7- 1912 D Liberty Head Nickel

I want to get those graded, any reccomendations? What Grading Service Should I Use? Are The Coins I Listed Worth Even Getting Graded?

Gene2393

Comments

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, yes and no. Many folks here feel it has to be a BU rare coin before its worth grading. But the good news is that there are no rules as to what or how you collect. But there are some realities about how much it actually cost to get a coin graded. Getting varieties and DDO coins even in low grades seems fine to me. But some coins you must understand PCGS will not give the designation you may be seeking such as on rotated reverse, Poormans DDO, cud examples etc. Only coins with FS #'s, Breen #s and Silver Dollars with Vam #s are going to get designated. The real cost of grading these types of coins is the additional attribution and error fees. So, I would look long and hard at what I had and they do a mock up sheet and see what the cost are going to be before I unloaded the list you have on PCGS. You might be surprised as to what its going to actually cost you and only you can decided if its worth it.

Good luck

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
    i cant find any price ?
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, yes and no. Many folks here feel it has to be a BU rare coin before its worth grading. But the good news is that there are no rules as to what or how you collect. But there are some realities about how much it actually cost to get a coin graded. Getting varieties and DDO coins even in low grades seems fine to me. But some coins you must understand PCGS will not give the designation you may be seeking such as on rotated reverse, Poormans DDO, cud examples etc. Only coins with FS #'s, Breen #s and Silver Dollars with Vam #s are going to get designated. The real cost of grading these types of coins is the additional attribution and error fees. So, I would look long and hard at what I had and they do a mock up sheet and see what the cost are going to be before I unloaded the list you have on PCGS. You might be surprised as to what its going to actually cost you and only you can decided if its worth it.

Good luck

WS >>

Very good advice WS!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    Service fees for PCGS LINK
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing to keep in mind is that many folks believe they have a DDO or DDR when in actuality they have a coin with machine doubling and these are worth no premium to most folks. In my opinion, without having seen the coins, only the 1912-D would be worth sending off to get slabbed and that coin would need to be in high circulated grade or MS to warrant the expense. Obviously, you may certify anything you like, but the list appears to me to be populated by coins that will lose you money across the board when or if you decide to sell.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
    whens the best time to sign up for a subscription to pcgs?

gene2393