Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I hate when people switch icons

You get to know the icons when you read the threads, and now I have to look at the name underneath to see who wrote what. It's like going to work and seeing a room full of strangers. Kirk out.

Comments

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I was just thinking the same thing. Funny how you start to just associate people to the avatar instead of the name.
  • Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    giggity, giggity, giggity......no wait
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See....that's not colebear. For shame.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭

<< <i>giggity, giggity, giggity......no wait >>

Funny, you were actually one of the ones I was referring to. There is an rpcoletrane, colebear and another cole. I had to think about it.
  • Options
    no, I know what you mean. But I figured the last thing I want people to think of me is that I am similar to quagmire!!!
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Me too. I wanna kiss you.
  • Options
    I cant even look at you now Lee. You sicken me.
  • Options
    this whole thread should be to reintroduce yourself
  • Options
    I almost switched.

I wish I could have 2 icons.

I mean who really cares when I joined (hey I joined before you so I win this argument) or how many posts I have (I can type alot !!!) or that thing I have under my name (collector, yeah right, I say that to buy the cards cheap from the kids.)
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I figure i better keep mine, i dont post much so at least i have a picture and a name to be remembered by.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I just want to be politically incorrect every time I post.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I figure i better keep mine, i dont post much so at least i have a picture and a name to be remembered by. >>

I hear ya. Just wanted to post so no one forgets about me!

BTW - great icon, Lee!
  • Options
    i was finally able to upload my own icon, this one will stay. thanks to whomever i borrowed the beavis from!
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    The Gemini in me prevents me from ever staying the same for too long .

If we have the chance to experiment , we will .

Just a slight change for me .

I do know what you mean though, even though I am not here that long , I do associate the icons with the persons name , sometimes I even think the picture is them , Like you Mr. Nam . . . . you look just like William Shattner image
  • Options
    Lee,

I thought your old icon was your self portrait.image
  • Options
    For kicks, 10 of us should switch icons with each other for a month next go round. image
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I'll take mine back shortly.

Just paying some respect to Mr. Belushi.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    I'll miss the goofy karate kid guy, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use a picture of a drunk Joe Namath. For anybody who doesn't know the story, go to youtube and do a search for "drunk joe namath".

Lee
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    I've always had the same one. I can't even spell avatar, much less download one.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>I've always had the same one. I can't even spell avatar, much less download one. >>

• Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622

<< <i>Me too. I wanna kiss you. >>

Lee, how often do you change your avatar? monthly?
  • Options
    What can I say, I have A.D.D.
  • Options
    no one knows me anyways.... phooey
    If at first you dont succeed, keep on sucking, til you do succeed.
  • Options
    Ive been waiting to upload James Madison as an avatar for a long time, to ease into it, I had it down at my message board for quite awhile.

It is always confusing though, some people (Lee) embrace it. That karate kid thing always freaked me out, I like drunk namath tooling for a good time much better.

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I changed mine last month. It was the first time I have ever changed.

At least it now shows something I own...................

...what got me was that someone else decided to use my same avatar...................I bet that person does not even know what it is...
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    even though i'm pretty sure that karate kid pic wasn't Lee... i always imagined him as that guy. drunk joe is pretty cool, hopefully i can imagine Lee as drunk joe now image
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Nightcrawler, I do love that ole' English D. But I believe it's already taken.

-Tom
  • Options

<< <i>Me too. I wanna kiss you. >>

Lee's gotta be the funniest guy on here.

funny, funny, funny clip.

he was so drunk during that interview he sounded childish.
  • Options
    Well prscott, you got the drunk part right. And I have been known to try and kiss women, thereby firghtening them in the process.
  • Options
    When people change their icon, I have to read the name of who I am chatting with..............there should be a law against changing icons.
  • Options
    Also just one person at a time can have one.
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    Call the Waaaaaaaambulance, someones whining image
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    I switched back to a pic of myself. Hot dog, I am a class act.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    I keep the same avatar..sort of. You see, I have different shots of Ricky Gervais as David Brent from The Office (Original BBC Series...which was friggin' fantastic!).

I won't change much....although I did have one drunken evening with Rube's avatar. I have sworn to myself that I will never let myself get like that again. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    I agree - always irritates me as well image
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gonna change mine last year. I wanted a pic of Jim Ignatowski from the show "Taxi", but couldnt find a good one.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    reverand jim was too cool!!! that would be a grweat one of christopher lloyd - dads a millionaaire and he lived in condemed apt building image
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>reverand jim was too cool!!! that would be a grweat one of christopher lloyd - dads a millionaaire and he lived in condemed apt building image >>

Yeah rube! That was a great episode when they knocked down his apartment with a wrecking ball while he was eating breakfast. image
  • Options
    Variety is the spice of life.

Life is too short, live it a up a little image

Here is a great Rev Jim!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I think the icon you pick when you join should be yours forever.
  • Options
    Thats exactly why I don't change mine! image

Giovanni
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You get to know the icons when you read the threads, and now I have to look at the name underneath to see who wrote what. It's like going to work and seeing a room full of strangers. Kirk out. >>

I'm not out!!
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    I've always had this one. It has caused some confusion. When Guru changed to it a short while back, I started reading the posts and didn't remember typing the post.
    At my age I was starting to get worried. Luckily I finally noticed Guru's handle under the avatar and immediately canceled my appointment with the shrink.
  • Options
    See, when it comes to picking an avatar with a team on it, your really out of luck, because lots of people are probably gona take it too. The chose the one I have because I love Halloween, so it made sense to me. I also love the Yankees, but i'm pretty sure theirs others that do too, so I didn't go with a Yankees avatar, it dosen't make sense to me image

I guess not to many people like Halloween? image

Giovanni
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal policy on my icon is simple- Red Sox from Spring Training until their last game of the year be it regular season, or playoffs then right to the Patriots until the start of spring training.
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭

<< <i>My personal policy on my icon is simple- Red Sox from Spring Training until their last game of the year be it regular season, or playoffs then right to the Patriots until the start of spring training. >>

No love for the Celtics perkdog?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My personal policy on my icon is simple- Red Sox from Spring Training until their last game of the year be it regular season, or playoffs then right to the Patriots until the start of spring training. >>

No love for the Celtics perkdog? >>

I hate bandwagon jumpers, sure Im a Boston guy but I havnt paid attention to the Celts since Bird and now that they are doing well I refuse to act like I am a passionate fan. I wish them well and if they make it to the championship series I will tune in but thats about as far as I will go with them, same thing for the Bruins.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i laugh everytime i see lees....i can't help associating larry with him. LOL

edited to add: i changed mine once a few days ago when we all went the 'rube' route...

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

Perk,

Folks don't look at your avatar when you post. Other things tend to distract us from it.
  • Options
    Bumped to say that I still hate when people change their icons.