Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Advice for the a new guy on the block

At some point and time in the future I hope to do some swapping of coins on this forum. My question is determining fair value of coins. There are so many sources for this sort of information and values seem to vary greatly. Is there any one source that most will agree on when determining value?

<< <i>The chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world which it is overestimated. >>

Crazy old man from Missouri

Comments

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Can't speak for others, but I try to get the latest sold prices from auctions like eBay, Teletrade, Heritage, ect.
    Average the last few & use that as a starting point.
    To me this is what people are really paying for coins & is a good starting point.
    But the bottom line is to do some homework before agreeing to anything, whether what to use as a value guide or what is agreeable as a trade.

Doesn't always work even after agreeing to trade & what to use as a value guide, so learn how to agree not to agree.
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can't speak for others, but I try to get the latest sold prices from auctions like eBay, Teletrade, Heritage, ect. >>

I think that is a great starting point.
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    I might add that if your worried about $5 or even $10 or $20 difference, ya shouldn't be trading/swaping at allimage JMHO imageimage
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    I'd like to think I wouldn't get too worked-up over a $10-$20 discrepancy in a tag or trade. However, I'm still watching these tags from time-to-time to figure out how they are run. I'd probably start getting agitated over a $50-$100 price swing though, if I was on the short end. image Besides, I really don't have much to trade, maybe an Old Mint $1 or a Marine Corps anniversary commem.
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    You got the right attitude, now all ya gotta do is JOIN ONE!!imageimageimage
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]