Home Metal Detecting

Silver & Gold on 7-11-7

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
I guess that 7-11-7 would be a radar date. Anyway it was a good day for me. I hunted on a Soccer complex for about 41/2 hrs. I ended up with $7.40 in change which isn't too bad. Included in that was a 1944-D war nickel and a 1966 Kennedy half. I also found a clad Kennedy which was the first time I ever found two Kennedys in the same hunt. The war nickel was down about 4 inches and really looked shiney when I pulled it from the ground. When I saw the D above the dome I knew what I had. The 40% came about an hour later. Another interesting find was a 2000 One MAUI Trade dollar. ( Does anyone know anything about this Trade Dollar?) When I saw the reeded edge I was hopeing for an IKE dollar but this was just as good. I had found maybe 10 sterling silver rings here over the last 2 years but no gold. I had told my wife that it was about time to find some here. I did just that about 5 feet to the side of the soccer goal. A nice 14K mans wedding band. That just made my day. Don't worry I'LL BE BACK.

Comments

• marymmarym Posts: 713
    Very nice PPC!!! Any id markings on the men's wedding band?
    Be Still and Know
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭
    I found this about your Trade dollar.

Maui, the second largest of the Hawaiian Islands has long been popular with tourists because of its gorgeous scenery, beautiful tropical beaches and numerous cultural activities.. Each year, the Maui Chamber of Commerce issues a trade dollar. The 39mm copper-nickel token is good for one dollar at participating merchants throughout the island during the year it is issued. As might be expected, most of the dollars are kept by tourists as souvenirs, rather than being redeemed, which raises funds for educational projects