Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone going to Columbus, OH show this weekend?

The quarterly midwest regional is this weekend at the Vet's Memorial in Columbus. I try to make it each time. Pretty good show. At leat 100-125 tables. No auto guests. Good mix of modern and vintage cards, a few tables of pre-war, a few tables of auto'ed items, a few tables of graded rookies and stars - not very many graded commons. Great show for raw-dawg set builders like myself. I'm planning on Saturday morning if anyone else is going and would like to meet up.

Show Info:

Jul 14,15 - Columbus Veterans Memorial, Sa 10-5 Su 10-4, 130T - Roger Edwards 614-589-4192 rogeredwards7@gmail.com

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Would like to but would be at least a 3 hour drive from where I live.
  • Options
    hmmm, i would like to go. i live in logan. where do you find out about these card shows? don
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>hmmm, i would like to go. i live in logan. where do you find out about these card shows? don >>

LINK
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    I always check the beckett.com website. They have a show calander also.
  • Options
    This weekend will be the first show I have missed at the Vets in a few years. There were a handful of new dealers that set up this past winter that added some new life to the show and really improved the overall quality of the offerings.

With the National only a few weeks away in Cleveland...timing is bad. A buddy and I have given some consideration to setting up a table...but again, timing for this show is not so great in my opinion....maybe next time.
    My collection is under construction at 27outs.net
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>hmmm, i would like to go. i live in logan. where do you find out about these card shows? don >>

LINK >>

I went to that site but I don't see that show advertised. I will be driving right through Colombus this weekend.
    I'm coming from Texas to Buffalo to visit my mother. I will be staying in Richmond, Indiana Saturday night
    and Columbus is only 1 hr 45 min. I plan on going if you can show me where it is advertised? I
    guess I'm just blind. Either PM with the details or e-mail me @ twodueces22@yahoo.com

Thanks and maybe I'll see you there. Joe
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Joe -

In the first post I pasted the only advertisment there is, from the beckett site.

Google the veteran's memorial. It's right in downtown Columbus.
  • Options
    Thanks Bob, I just wanted to make sure. I'd hate to drive 800 miles and it was next weekend. image
    I know youi can't be sure, but how likely am I to find raw 50's and 60's football. I got a bunch of sets
    going included PSA sets. Any chance I might something?
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    if i can get out there, i will be looking for pete rose cards.. but im probably going to be at the good guys car show. don
  • Options
    Joe - Plenty of 50's and 60's football books to go through, as long as you're collecting EX cards. Not many NM left in the books around here. I almost bought a guys entire 55 topps book last time (as a great set starter), but he wouldn't give me a break. I'm only working on the 72FB high # set, 55 FB and 56 BB right now and I can usually spend 4-5 hours there.
  • Options
    I will be there then. If you see someone looking through football binders, It's probably me. Thanks for all the info
    as it's great to have another stop on my trip. Joe
    W.C.Fields