Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I almost placed an order with BBCE simply because I needed packing peanuts.

I am crazy.
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    That's funny. I'm about to do the same thing.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I found out peanuts are expensive. You can get them for a lot less on ebay.
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

I used to come up short on those, so I started saving 'em. Now I have a lawn/leaf bag full of packing peanuts as part of the decor of my office.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I found out peanuts are expensive. You can get them for a lot less on ebay. >>

So what your saying is, you can get them for "peanuts" on ebay ?

• Options
    I just told my wife I ordered a box of peanuts from BBCE. I think I failed to mention that I asked him to pack-out the box with a 86 Topps football wax box. image
  • Options
    BBCE and PSA provide tons of free peanuts.

My 18-month-old eats them.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I found out peanuts are expensive. You can get them for a lot less on ebay. >>

So what your saying is, you can get them for "peanuts" on ebay ?

image >>

Stir crazy already?

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bring them out late in the game when everyone has had too much to drink. I tell them that it is popcorn. It is funny watching the drunks try to chew on them.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I've got two Garbage bags full of em !

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    for the best unopened and non-searched peanuts...no one beats bbce.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I save em from PSA and BBCE too. I thought I was the only one, it's good to know there are others. image

Speaking of which, I have stuff coming from both places, oh and a box from Kruk cards too. Sweet! I'll have tons of peanuts again. I was down to about a half bag.
  • Options
    Speaking of which, I have stuff coming from both places, oh and a box from Kruk cards too.

And we should be expecting scans, correct?!
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    If you really wanna see my 88 Topps football rack break then yes. image

I also have some 83, 85 and 87 football racks coming too. No idea when the grades will post. 75 cards & an 11 card review, all on the june special and another 110 card june special that hasn't been logged in yet.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    envoy, i pulled a sweet 93 bowman willie roaf yesterday...potential 10. sitting here staring at a 94 playoff box as well. still in factory wrap...waiting to be ripped.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    It is a sad commentary that my shipping peanut outtake has been greater than my intake as of late.

Anyone have a great source for these or are the eBay sellers the best it gets?

Thanks in advance.

Snorto~
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I save the peanuts too, and the boxes...and because I do I am called a "pack rat"

Patrick
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Almost everything I use in my business comes in with those damn styrofoam peanuts. I honestly throw out almost 10-20 gallon bags a month during our busy season. I dont know how much they sell for on ebay, but if its anything I could retire
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    We had an order to fill buoys with them for the Coast Guard once, I think it was kind of a test. We ended up with half a railroad car full of them, waist deep. You could run and dive and just float to a stop in there.

I caught tail in that railroad car on more than one occasion. image
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im glad I read this thread. I know what I will be sending to the winner for my 3,000 post give away. image
  • Options
    ResRes Posts: 1,086
    I hate the darn things. The air packs are much better.