Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

The Jack Lee Lincoln Set . . .

DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
. . . has been added to the current Registry sets. It's worth a look just to gawk at the low pops.

I'm glad to see that he has given up those large gaudy silver discs to finally pursue the more refined collecting pursuit of Lincoln copper.image

Link to Set
Doug

Comments

• Options
    Very impressive. And the set is open for all of us. image

RegistryNut image
  • Options

<< <i>. . . has been added to the current Registry sets. It's worth a look just to gawk at the low pops.

I'm glad to see that he has given up those large gaudy silver discs to finally pursue the more refined collecting pursuit of Lincoln copper.image

Link to Set >>

It's quite an impressive set. It's actually 100% complete, but some of his ert. numbers still have not been removed from other sets or are in other folks inventories. This should be resolved in about a week. I'm pleased to say that I brokered the sale of his MS-65 RD 1926-S. I believe he'll be #2 just behind Stew Blay in the 1909-1958 basic set.

Ira
    Dealer/old-time collector
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Every coin is RD, with the obvious exceptions for the '43 series.

Gorgeous set and wish I could see some pics.
  • Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    The more refined collecting pursuit of Lincoln copper? (as he brushes the dust particles off the lapels of
    his $2500 suit.)
  • Options
    compromonedascompromonedas Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    So there is the 26-S I am looking forimage
    Keithimage
  • Options
    rabbitracksrabbitracks Posts: 538 ✭✭
    Very impressive Set, all those 67 and 68 coins boggle the mind. Thanks Jack for opening your set for the Board Members to veiw.
    Hopefully someday PLEASE add Photo's as well! Thanks Ira for filling in the blanks for us as well.
    Mike.
    Someday REAL American HERO's will be on our COINS.
    Enjoying time at home with the family now is my full time passion.

rabbitracks toned showcase set
    myurl
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once complete, it may pose a serious challenge to Blay's set.
  • Options

<< <i>Once complete, it may pose a serious challenge to Blay's set. >>

Yes, the set could be considered a serious threat. But, IMO, it will not tie or surpass it.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416
    That is one amazing set!image
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• Options
    oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416

<< <i>

<< <i>Once complete, it may pose a serious challenge to Blay's set. >>

Yes, the set could be considered a serious threat. But, IMO, it will not tie or surpass it.

RegistryNut image >>

I am not sure how all the calculations work but there is no doubt it will surpass the number 2 finest of all-time retired set (The Walsh collection) with the stipulation that Ira is correct about the set being complete and the coins to be added are along the same grade as the current coins.

In addition, if these coins are the same type of grades, this set will at worst fall just a few points short of the number one slot with an outside shot of surpassing it.image
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to say but I still love Jack Lee's silver disc 1921 Walker in PCGS MS-66 most of all which I acquired over 10 years ago. Still in the same PCGS holder.

Here it is:

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the nicest gawdy silver piece i've seen, Orville.
  • Options
    OneCentOneCent Posts: 3,561
    Congratulations, Mr. Lee! Very, very impressive and a tremendous accomplishment!

I also thank you for opening up your set for all of us to admire!

imageimage
    Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
    ANA Member R-3147111
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just a guess, but ...

If you took all of the Lincolns Stewart owns out of the pops, and nothing escapes from Gerry's set, there would not be enough remaining copper available to put together a set higher than Stewarts -- unless you can make the slabs yourself.

It's called 20+ years of solid dedication to collecting the very best of your series (and the dupes) -- something I didn't see on "Just Having Fun's" list in the other thread.image
    Doug
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Gotta love that pop 1/0 26-S image
  • Options
    Hope he loads some good pics of the coins as well.
  • Options
    Hmmm --- one Pop 1/0 and four Pop 2/0s. Does Blay have the other on the Pop 2/0s???
  • Options

WOW!!!image

Very Nice. It looks like the set is complete. Hopefully now the rest of us can have a shot at a coin or two in Milwaukee. image

Jack

• Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    "Does Blay have the other on the Pop 2/0s???"

Probably him or Gerry.