Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Seeks Card Graders

2»

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a hot dog guy? Those dirty dogs on the street always taste so much better than the ones at home!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    My brain hurts.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Does anyone have an interview yet?
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>$73K huh?

I was an inventing research scientist making only $35K in the late 90's and cannot even get one of those jobs again with the excessive numbers of H1-B visa holding persons which employers love so much.

To have a no-brain job paying that much is stupendous. One can make $70K driving a bus in san francisco, driving a bart train (which basically is a no-brainer as well), or even a 1st grade teacher who obtains a PhD degree not to teach better but because the system is screwed up in that it overly compensated higher education as if it actually had a dramtic impact on the teaching effectiveness and laugh their way to the bank on all the citizens who pay too much in taxes to support their salaries.

PSA should be able to have $8/card MAX for grading if that is so, and have $3-4 special deals by cutting out the pork. >>

Looks like somebody forgot what they learned in Econ 101.

If you were only making $35K a year it's because that's all the market thought you were worth. Just because you 'think' you should be have been making more doesn't mean you 'ought' to be making more.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My brain hurts. >>

Would you like some prescription medication..........cheap?
  • Options

<< <i>I always wanted to drive an ice cream truck. How much does that pay? >>

$7.77 an hr, plus all the Ice Cream you Can eat.image
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

<< <i>73K for a card grader? come on. it's a $25K/yr job at best. college students should stop by and put in time on weekends and various other times. a high school grad who's at average intelligence should figure out what's involved with 2 hours of training.
    >>

Card grading requires a lot of skill. I would imagine that most of the board members on here have had more than 2 hours experience in the hobby, most being a few thousand times that. Despite all the experience you still see many posts about lower grades because the submiter missed a flaw the grader caught. I know nothing about gem stones or coins- can you teach me to be a pro grader for either of those in 2 hrs?
  • Options

<< <i>lol, so this continues......bash me for relating something to the salaries of psa graders.

i made several comparisons to show the salary is too high.

there are many in technical professions making 1/2 as much.

sorry a few here couldn't see the theme that i adhered to and merely wanted to focus on one aspect of my writing.

a job and it's salary go hand in hand. >>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A salary can be too high ?
    I learn something new everyday here . . .
    I have heard of a salary being too low , but never too high .
    You can't bash a company for taking care of their employees , it's the ones who don't you have to complain about .
    But I suppose if I invested all my money in an edgemickation and was making 35 K a year, I'd be angry at the world too .
    I wouldn't get out of bed for 35 K a year .
  • Options

<< <i>The membership fee is a bargain when you factor in the free gradings and the access you get to pop reports, SMR, etc.

The last book they sent with membership, with a picture history of baseball cards, was a nice looking volume, too. >>

I guess you didn't take the time to read why I wrote so I'll say it again:
    "I have NO use for ANY of your "free" gifts including the "free submissions". "