Home Metal Detecting
Options

1919 Quarter and 2 Indians! + Token

kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
Went back to the small roadside park where I found the 1906 Canadian quarter a week or so ago , they had backfilled the curbing and leveled off the dirt piles (they had been doing curbing and sidewalk work which required them to scrap off some topsoil image ). I wanted to make sure I hit the area one more time before any further landscaping was done, glad I did- first object dug turned out to be an old parking meter token from the 1960's era - also found another one of these last year. Then very near where I dug the 1906 I got another strong signal- and out came silver- at first thought I might have a standing liberty- but nope, another George V- 1919 and this one still had traces of mint luster! Tried hard to pop another silver, but only dug alot of pull tabs and bottle caps. Just as the rain started coming down and I was getting ready to leave got a week signal that was deep, dug down about 8 inches and nothing, was back filling the whole when I spotted the 1896 Indian ! My third of the year, and then just a foot or so away i got the same kind of signal - this time a 1904 Indian, first time for me digging two Indians in one day. Group shot:

imageimage

I think the location of the coins to the roadside and the fact they use alot of salt up here in the winter resulted in the heavy corrosion of the copper. Hope everyone else started the month off as good as I did over the fourth holiday! HH

Comments