Home Metal Detecting
Options

Anyone from Ohio? Goldrush?

I know someone is here... Im thinking its Goldrush.

Either way... im going to the Columbus area towards the end of the month. Seeing as I have been unable to break ANY mildstones other then finding something... (except for the sweet badge I pulled with LM... ) Im looking to pull a couple wheaties and possibly a silver. I am from Ohio, but have since moved here to SC, and im not looking to "move in" on any spots... just looking for a mildstone or 2. Im willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the state.

William

Comments

• Options
    aballeinaballein Posts: 388
    well i live in southern ohio but unfortunately i dont have my own detector YET(got a baby on the way..they are expensive!!)...so i dont think i can help you out although i do know of a sweet spot, a house i used to live in that is now abandoned. I found some mercs, and large cents in the driveway once so when i get my detector thats where im gonna be.
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    Northeastern Ohio

I weild a Fisher CZ3D.

PURPLE!
  • Options
    I'm in Delaware.

I could probably sneek away from work once or twice, depending on when you'll be in town.
    If not , I can put you onto a couple places that are relatively close.

John

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Goldrush... thats probably perfect. Im looking at being in town the 27th until my family runs me out (I cant stand them). Could mean the 28th, or sometime in August when I leave... haha.
  • Options
    Sounds good William.
    Shoot me a PM before you come and I'll see when our schedules can coincide.

John
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks a lot!!!

I know im in a hot spot of the country... I guess I just dont have what it takes to locate the good areas that arent off limits yet. Just looking to cover a mildstone or two, and I know between LM and you it will happen.
  • Options
    Up in NW ohio..sylvania(toledo) to be exact..went out today..had a nice hunt...

use a Prizm III, AND a Whites Classic ll

Leaving for Marco Island FLA. thursday, cant wait to hit the beach's there...
    putting together a MS 60 and up Morgan set....60% complete...otlher 40% probably take the rest of the decade!