Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

If your in the market for a 1969 Double Die Cent here is one

WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know I can not afford it, and I am not sure it could get in PCGS plastic, but here it is for $25,000.

Text Lukes Coins
Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.

Comments

• Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    I'd love to see a photo of that coin...
  • Options
    Well, I guess you could if you have a 1986 RED BOOK

"Plate Photo” seen on page 88 of the 1986 “Red Book.

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    " I'd love to see a photo of that coin... "

For $25K ask, I would expect to see many photos.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    I'm not sure this date should be required in the Lincoln variety set. About 2 or 3 sets have an example.

Most of us will never own one. image

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    Well, I got home and pulled the 1986 of the Red book, and there it is on page 88 a scratch from Lincoln's shoulder to his chest..guess it won't make it through the Guth and Company. But what do you expect for $25,0000?

WS
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Don't know about a body bag candidate for 25k. Think I'll stick with my PCGS AU55, 58 & MS62 ones.

btw, there IS an incredible rip on his site - anyone notice? image
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't come any better than Sam Lukes.

I bought my 1990 no S cent from him 5 years ago. It was in a PCGS OGH graded Pr68 no cam or dcam. He said he would personally guarantee that the coin would dcam or my money back. So I bought the coin without seeing any pics, took delivery (it was a nice coin), and sent it to PCGS for designation review. As expected it was designated 68 dcam.

If you are truly looking to buy one of his rarities, talk to him - he will probably give you the terms you are looking for if they are reasonable.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Its not jumping out at me RB,,Which cent is the rip, or is it even a cent?

WS
  • Options
    No doubt Sam is solid but the desctription of the 69-S sounds like it might be a net grade candidate. I could be wrong.

ws - think ddo dcam
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Red Book picture shows a clear scratch across Lincoln, from below the tie to the shoulder.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't know about a body bag candidate for 25k. Think I'll stick with my PCGS AU55, 58 & MS62 ones.

btw, there IS an incredible rip on his site - anyone notice? image >>

I don't know if it's the same coin, but Sam had an example of the '69-S DDO available a while back for the same price. Maybe he has it on a consignment?

RBinTex: I see the coin you're referring to, I agree the price is nice though a bit out of the range of my pocketbook. My question to you is do you own it yet?

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    A close friend has purchased from (sam) before and he got a beautiful coin, AS DESCRIBED! I say buy with confidence if you have the means! Great thread...................gives new collectors a chance to get to know the myriad of dealers and private sellers active in todays marketplace! As is, the dealer here is highly recommended for his word as stated in previous posts by other members.
    Young Numismatist ............................ and growing!
  • Options
    Unfortunately the 1971-S DDO FS-033 in 67DCAM (for $1,995) was in an NGC holder (can anyone say Ultra Cam) and already sold.

If it WERE in a PCGS holder (wishfully in a plain jane 71-S Proof 67DCAM holder as yet unattributed by PCGS as FS-033 - as it wasn't in the pops) it would have been a royal rip at 2k.

Would have been only the 2nd known PCGS 71-S DDO in DCAM (even including the FS-032's) AND it would have been the highest graded. The lone 66DCAM was a $4,600 coin about 2 years ago. It would have also been the highest valued/weighted (from a registry point perspective) of this variety as well.

I'd have been all over it even at 5k.

Oh well...