Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Was mine the only ASE circulation set to move?

I can only see maybe the addition of one set (370) sets now registered, but my set seemed to move way down
the list off of the first page.

Now if I didn't know better, I would think someone changed the date to show reaching #1 rank to a later date,
but I don't think PCGS would do that, would they?

Could someone else explain why the set dropped so many places from where it has been for so long?

Travis

--------
Howdy from Houston...

Can't keep my eyes
from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted
Just an earthbound misfit,
I

">my registry set

Comments

• TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598
    I have no idea how they figure who is listed first. They have a "bar graph" to show how long you have had the set and if it as gone up or down in points, but there are several sets that have started even after my son's set that are higher ranked in the tie for first place. I thought the general rule was if a tie, the first one listed was on top! Maybe it depends on who you know?image
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question...ask BJ about it

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    Log in to "My Set Registry," it should provide you with "set activity" there.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

• << <i>Log in to "My Set Registry," it should provide you with "set activity" there. >>

Thanks, but that only shows other sets being added / updated

It doesn't show the information I am looking for. I emaild customer service at the set registry.

Just trying to understand what I am missing here.
    Travis

--------
    Howdy from Houston...

Can't keep my eyes
    from the circling skies
    Tongue tied and twisted
    I

">my registry set

• NumisMeNumisMe Posts: 841 ✭✭
    I feel your pain as I was tied for First and sitting in slot 3 of the SAC Proofs for 3 years, then after the change I dropped down to slot 8.

The way they explained it to me is this:

Prior to the change, priority was established by the date that the set itself was started. This gave a huge advantage to those who were in Registry longer, and really was quite unfair to the newcommers who didn't have a chance of taking a top slot in a set like the ASE Circulation Strikes.

I was tied with about a dozen people at the time of the change, but the positions now are determined by the date of the final update to your set. In my case, even though I entered my 2007 coin before the deadline, others had entered their 2007 coins sooner than I, so they were positioned by when that last coin was entered.

In the ASE set there are very many people that are tied for First Place, but you can still be several pages down on the list according to when you actually acheived your 100% status. In other words, if you haven't already entered the coins that will become effective after the first of the year, you need to do so ASAP as the first one to do so will take the top slot, and so on.

If they had been doing this from the beginning it would all make since and noone would have a problem with it, but changing in mid-stream is somewhat unfair to many of us who had held positions in the top 5 for a while, only to find ourselves knocked down so far we can hardly find our sets.

In the long run, it is probably the best way to do it, but what a kick in pants it can be.

I hope this helps.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting us know, Ernie.

I am still out on whether I like the change the way you explained it, or not. Part of me agrees that the 1st one in the set, who keeps it updated, should be on top. The other part feels that the ones who stay up to date should get something for being quick and aware. This does, however, promote those who jump out and pay the higher prices at the start. I don't like that. Why pay more for a SAE in January when you are likely to get the same thing for a bit less a few months later?

Appreciate you telling the rest of us.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• It does help. Thank you.
    Travis

--------
    Howdy from Houston...

Can't keep my eyes
    from the circling skies
    Tongue tied and twisted
    I

">my registry set

• ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Since we are talking about SAE (or ASE), now that (the rumor is) PCGS will start grading MS70's, some of this may become moot as that tie for first will certainly be reduced by those that have the disposable income to buy the MS70's (if the rumor is true).