Home Stamps Forum
Options

2c washington carmine identify and value

hi.i have a book of 2c washington carmine n h.just like thay came from the postoffice,thay have 12perf.top and bottom,come's in 6 on a page and green sheets between them.i can't tell if there the 554,579,599a,or the 634a.i live in pa and there don't seem to be any place to take them here to have them checked.can anyone help me please.thank you.
lamont anderson

Comments

• Options
    StampAlarmStampAlarm Posts: 1,668
    You're not the 1st to come up against this. I'm going to check some dealer listings in PA.
  • Options
    THANKS
    lamont anderson
  • Options
    Man, I really can't find much in your area. There are some small shows if you're interested in taking it there. Anybody know of a dealer in or around Pittsburgh?

Jerry
  • Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    I'm not sure how close these are to the Pittsburgh area, but Edelman's, Richard Friedberg, James J. Reeves, and Subway Stamp Store, are all located in Penn. I would probably just look in your yellow pages, find a couple of stamp dealers and take them there. If they agree on the Scott#, you can probably be pretty assured they are not scamming you.
  • Options
    If you can't find a dealer, you might check out the local stamp clubs. There should be several collectors that can help you identify your booklet pane. To find clubs in your area, go to "http://www.stamps.org/directories/dir_localclubs.htm" and then enter the state.

Rolin
  • Options
    I saw in Linns that there is a stamp show for the Pittsburgh area coming up. I'll check the info if you want it.

Jerry
  • Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    There will be a very large one in 2009; the APS Show. Of course I know you don't want to wait that long.

Going to whichever show Jerry is mentioning would be a good idea; that way you don't have to drive all over to several dealers.