Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

500 Homerun Baseball For Sale

Hi
I selling my baseball. Please email me at sportcards1980@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    How much? Is that yellowing on the ball?
  • Options
  • Options
    the photo is YELLOW NOT THE BALL
    Asking 1200.00
    LET's make a deal.
  • Options

NOT YELLOW
  • Options
    Mickey Mantle sig on sweet spot in the photo on the LOA and your photo has both Williams and Mantle on the sweet spot...not the same ball.
    "If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scene, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines!" - Marine Corps Hymn
  • Options
    ManofmoeManofmoe Posts: 264 ✭✭
    For a $1200 ball, I think most people would like to see some better pictures than that. It sure doesn't look like the ball in the LOA either.

Mike
  • Options
    You are right it is not the same ball . I have two of them. I wanted the person to see that the ball is NOT YELLOW.
    I am selling both of them. I can't get to the other photo. I am on the road.
    That is why i put the ball in . Any more questions.
  • Options
    I will post ball when I get back. I am 3,000 miles away from home/
  • Options
    1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    sure you don't have 3 of them?image
  • Options
    It's people like you that should not be SENIOR MEMBERS. Come on - Act like an ADULT- SENIOR MEMBER Calling someone a DORK wow ADULTS
    and you adults want us as teenages to look up to you all Wow.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's people like you that should not be SENIOR MEMBERS. Come on - Act like an ADULT- SENIOR MEMBER Calling someone a DORK wow ADULTS
    and you adults want us as teenages to look up to you all Wow. >>

You came on here trying to sell an expensive baseball and provided a coa, with a picture of a ball with yellowing. Somebody asked you and you gave them a terrible picture of a different baseball with no explanation. You have bad typing or writing skills somewhat typical of teenagers. There are a lot of teenagers who are scammers online.

How would anyone reasonably be expected to assume that you have 2 500 home run baseballs for sale and that you put up an awful picture of the wrong one, and that you're 3000 miles from home and happen to have a 500 home run baseball with you?

Take the time to preview your post and see if what you're saying makes sense. Otherwise you might turn away possible buyers who don't want scammed.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Why must all scammers be so dumb, atleast gary was smart about his scam for a while until he had to show off his bobby jenks ebay sell and stuck his head in the nuse (sp?) and kicked out the stool all in one....
  • Options
    wow..what a pathetic attempt..if its not a scam, you really didnt do a very good job of anything!

almo
    life's a garden baby, dig it!
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I'm interested and would like to send $1200 cash through the mail. If need be, I can provide my social security number. Thanks.
  • Options
    Here is the Ball Sorry about the other picture

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    9 months later? Am I missing something here?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    must have been a long trip

i think it was steven wright that said every where is with in walking distance if you have the time
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    TO THESE TWO SO CALLED COLLECTORS FOR CUTTING DOWN PEOPLE I INVITE TO SERVE IN MY WORLD

WinPitcher
    Choose Your Title
    TO THESE TWO COLLECTORS

9 months later? Am I missing something here?

baseballfan
    Collector

I GUESS WHEN SERVING in IRAQ for now a total of 4 years LIKE I HAVE you can Come back home and find Stuff LIKE YOU TWO said on the Message Board. If anytime you two would like to come over with me in July to do another tour PLEASE come on. Until then you two are just like the rest of the butts holes. ALL talk and trying to cut down other AMERICANS.

NOW my Point was to have both BALLS up on the website. I am an Honest Person. and you can see that I DO HAVE TWO BASEBALLS

PS Come SERVE in MY WORLD

DELTA FORCE (10 years)
    Ranger (10 Years)

TO THESE TWO SO CALLED COLLECTORS FOR CUTTING DOWN PEOPLE I INVITE TO SERVE IN MY WORLD
  • Options

Easy Francis, I just was wondering why it was 9 months later.

Maybe you missed the part where I said:

Am I missing something?

A simple respectful question.

so ease up.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    Your PM was a little distasteful freddy.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    "I will post ball when I get back. I am 3,000 miles away from home"

when did you say you were serving in iraq? i reviewed the thread it just said you were 3000 miles from home and then nothing for like 8 months??? how do i know where you were? i meant no disrespect and i take offense that you would say i don't support our soliders. i apoligize if you took offense it was not intended, the comment was joke and nothing more, please review the thread and tell me if i missed something. i don't think the PM was needed but i understand.

thank you for your service to our country.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    There was plenty of reason for readers to be skeptical. If the original poster can't see how he created cause for concern, then so be it.

What I find interesting is that the original COA shows what appears to be yellowing from finger oils that do not appear in the subsequent image of the same COA. The question asked with regard to the staining was legitimate. The fact that the follow up presented an image of a second ball further added to the confusion as did some of the nondescript explainations from the OP.

Now, where I have a problem is that those that hurled insults were called out by the OP and then the OP resorts to the same tactics that he condemned. Pretty hypocritical, in my opinion. For the OP to heap onto this the fact that he serves in the Armed Forces as some sort of badge to justify his actions slaps of an attempt to draw compassion or respect.

I applaud and thank all of our men and women serving to protect this country, regardless of my feelings towards where and why they are serving. But to see an enlisted member of this country's Armed Services call out others and suggest that they are any less American than those that serve is INSULTING. Stick to the facts of the matter and not on whether someone meets your standard of patriotism. And the fact is that you presented an item for sale in a manner that left it open to questioning no matter how honest and forthright you intentions were. The fact that you are in the military does not provide you a free pass on this one.
  • Options
    We appreciate your sacrifice, believe me. But please also take into consideration that these boards and ebay are rampant with scammers trying to take actual good people for their hard earned money. There have been many of us who fell victim to dishonest people, so we're all on the lookout for clues to the next scammer so we can help eachother avoid the dishonesty. By posting a COA that was different from the first ball that you posted, you raised one of the first red flags that we all look for. Nobody meant offense by any of their comments.

Thanks again!!!
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options
    Now, to discuss the inconsistency that no one else has bothered with.

The OP suggests that he is a teenager as stated when condemning the "adutls" when he states: "you adults want us as teenages to look up to you all". Then states that others can't challenge his credibility based upon the original posts because "SERVING in IRAQ for now a total of 4 years LIKE I HAVE" garnes him special privileges, like poor grammar and poorly worded attempts at sentences. Then later, suggests that he's a 10 or 20 year veteran of the armed services when noting: "DELTA FORCE (10 years)
    Ranger (10 Years)".

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to believe, but I'm not too excited about getting involved in a transaction with someone that appears to be a bit of a loose cannon and very thin skinned for someone who has supposedly had much more than a few unkind words hurled his way.

Just food for thought. Flame away and call me anti-American if you like...
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>......and you adults want us as teenages to look up to you all Wow. >>

<< <i>PS Come SERVE in MY WORLD

DELTA FORCE (10 years)
    Ranger (10 Years) >>

Maybe he enlisted straight out of kindergarten.
  • Options
    FWIW I wasn't skeptical I just wanted to know why it took 9 months for his next reply.

FWIW I really don't care where he was, that was his choice.

He isn't the only person here that has made sacrifices.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>......and you adults want us as teenages to look up to you all Wow. >>

<< <i>PS Come SERVE in MY WORLD

DELTA FORCE (10 years)
    Ranger (10 Years) >>

Maybe he enlisted straight out of kindergarten. >>

Either way I look at it, I can't afford that ball, lol. To the OP: Whether you're telling the truth about anything you said or not, just note that we're a tight knit group here that watches eachothers' back as to not get ripped off. Come legit or don't bother, no matter what your job is.
    Peace.
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options
    Now, to discuss the inconsistency that no one else has bothered with.

Maybe no one cares.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now, to discuss the inconsistency that no one else has bothered with.

The OP suggests that he is a teenager as stated when condemning the "adutls" when he states: "you adults want us as teenages to look up to you all". Then states that others can't challenge his credibility based upon the original posts because "SERVING in IRAQ for now a total of 4 years LIKE I HAVE" garnes him special privileges, like poor grammar and poorly worded attempts at sentences. Then later, suggests that he's a 10 or 20 year veteran of the armed services when noting: "DELTA FORCE (10 years)
    Ranger (10 Years)".

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to believe, but I'm not too excited about getting involved in a transaction with someone that appears to be a bit of a loose cannon and very thin skinned for someone who has supposedly had much more than a few unkind words hurled his way.

Just food for thought. Flame away and call me anti-American if you like... >>

Sadly...

Nothing pi$$es me off more than seeing someone play the military card and misrepresent what they actually did, if anything at all.

A teenager with 10 (or is it 20?) years service?

Yeah, right buddy and take the Purple Heart liar with you.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    People that truly serve DO NOT make a big deal over it.

Why? Because they don't have too.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Now, to discuss the inconsistency that no one else has bothered with.

Maybe no one cares.

Steve >>

I guess that's something you've become pretty familiar with . . . 13,000+ times.

Maybe you don't care. But then again, it's the world according to Steve, isn't it? Why do you feel the need to ALWAYS have something to say about almost everything that gets posted?

If you're trying to get on my nerves, you're doing a good job of it. And unlike some of these folks, I won't bother to send you some lame PM, I'll just post it here.

Step back or step up, but I'm tired of the snide comments as if you're the acting board wizard that sees all and knows all.

I for one would love to know what I've done to you other than have an opinion that differs from yours on occassion... Is that a crime? Is that justification for being such a wiseazz? If you think my post is useless and mundane, ignore it. Try not hitting the "REPLY" button for everything that you read. You really are not adding too much to some of the threads with the redundant, "I think so" and "nice grades." You're just adding to your posting tally.
  • Options
    Funny I feel the same about you. Snide comments? look in the mirror.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    If you're trying to get on my nerves, you're doing a good job of it

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Funny I feel the same about you. Snide comments? look in the mirror.

Steve >>

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'll just ignore you and your incredible insight and thought provoking discussion -- NOT! You're free to have the last word(s).
  • Options
    Thanks, now that we see eye to eye, I don't like you and you don't like me.

Funny but my comment that started all this was not meant to be snide (like you said)

I was simply giving my opinion that no one cared (not about what you said) but about the OP and the 2 balls

You of course were looking for a fight so I simply obliged.

I'm just glad this thread had nothing to do with math or you would have corrected me.

Thanks again for the last word(s).

Oh, and by the way, what exactly do you bring to the forums other then telling us over and over
    that altered cards can be found in PSA slabs? Like we don't know!!

I could go on but I don't want to get under your skin anymore.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    No Problem We are still Friends- Sorry, Just had a Hot Head Sorry
  • Options
    No problem Fred, like I said, I was just curious as to why 9 months went by between posts.

Steve
    Good for you.