Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    The Walker is undergraded. Sure looks full AG to me.
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    A couple of nice coins there.

I like 'em. image

-------------

etexmike
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The TPG's are gonna start holding back on the PO1 grades, if they haven't already. No gimmes here. A couple of resubmits on the FR02's is good for business.

Clearly, I need to attend an ANA grading seminar to get my chops up on the PO-FR-AG grades.....or be left in the dust once again.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275

<< <i>The Walker is undergraded. Sure looks full AG to me. >>

I was thinking the same thing.

There are clearly no PO-01's in that group. The 1877-S reverse needs to be more worn for the full PO-01 grade.
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭

• Options

<< <i>The TPG's are gonna start holding back on the PO1 grades >>

Already started at PCGS.

This 81CC came back as a FR2 about 3 weeks ago. Already cracked out and on its ways back.
    It's a slider as a 1 because of the uneven wear pattern. Heavy PO1 wear at the bottom with well worn barely discernable date but average FR2 wear at the top.

• Options
    09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    I thought the Walker was undergraded too. Did you try Colorfulcoins for your P01? I have a 1888O P)! Morgan that I love.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    For the life of me, I cannot make a Walker in PO01....been trying for 3-4 years! They're either FR02 or dateless. Similar problem with SLQ's.

Its usually the reverses on the seated halves that get ya.....the obv on that coin is fine bt its the reverse that brings the grade p.

Keep on gettin' down!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    I'm assuming since the low-grade is the point of the type set you leave these slabbed, as opposed to putting them in a type album??
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭

<< <i>

I was thinking the same thing.

There are clearly no PO-01's in that group. The 1877-S reverse needs to be more worn for the full PO-01 grade. >>

Accept on the other side of the coin, it would grade the lower of the two sides. It seems on the lower grades, the higher of the two sides prevail. What a scam!
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file