Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Compare & Contrast 2006 ASEs

Good evening. Could you please post some pics, side-by-side, which help compare and contrast 2006 ASE MS bullion coins vs. 2006-W MS ASEs? Thanks much...

Comments

• Options
    Well, it's been almost 12 hours. Thank you all for making my point. There isn't any difference, ...is there? image
  • Options
    The 'W' ASE is struck with specially prepared dies and recive special handling which the bullion coin does not.
    Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• Options
    Thanks flbh. I just wish I could see a difference. No one has been able to show me the difference between the bullion coin and the 06-W. I know it's supposed to be different, I just can't see it. Of course a banged-up bullion coin is one thing...
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One has a W on it, the other doesn't.
  • Options
    Does "W" stand for "Warketing ploy", and someone got the M inverted?
  • Options
    Look at it this way,it's the same as the presidential rolls you get from the mint at a premium over what they sell at the bank for face value despite being exactly the same coins. Aslo many people do not know that the mint does not wrap coins. They ship them to a precessing company to have them wrapped, the same way they ship out the coins for the banks.
    Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• Options
    How can you convince old-timers at coin stores that there is no basic difference in the MS ASEs? They are listed oddly/incorrectly in the Redbook, aren't they? Is this what makes some people think there is a difference?
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The W would be for winky image the only difference that I could see between the two I just looked at was that the 2006-W doesn't have the dullness of luster that the plain 2006 has.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file