Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Modern Rookie Card rant

I'm getting interested in following baseball again. It helps that Selig is no longer connected to the Brewers and they are actually playing some pretty good ball. I've been impressed with the way Ryan Braun is playing, and since it's his first year in the bigs, I thought I'd check Ebay to see about picking up his rookie card. Well, apparently, 2005 was his rookie year??? At least there are a bunch of 2005 cards out there that people are calling his rookie card. How does one tell these days what a rookie card is? I know others have asked occasionally about other players and what their "recognized" rookie card is. But why have cards out there 2 years before they play a game in the majors? We could end up with a whole lotta "rookies" that never played a major league game in their life. image I'm beginning to appreciate Topp's new policy on the designation of "Rookie Card".

EOR (EndOfRant) image
<< image >>

Comments

• Options
    i think the rc rules should NOT have been applied until players who have NEVER had a card first got their card...it's just created a mess and confusion...e.g., what happens if someone (like josh hamilton) has a 'rc' in 1999 but doesn't make a splash until 2007? now the new rules have 2007 cards saying 'rc' for him? seems like a mess and most prospectors seem to disregard the new rc rules. reminds me of the XRC days back in '86 w/bonds tt