Home U.S. Coin Forum

Pulled from two 71 proof sets in Baltimore.

I also submitted to NGC, an FS033 1971 Lincoln cent. image

imageimage

imageimage

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know nothing of these, so are they good? How good? Tough to find like that in 71?
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Did you cherry the 71-P FS-033 too?

What a COOL FIND!!!!

Ed
    Here's that FS-033s little brother FS-032, that 033 is a bit neater but both of these coins are in my opinion among the top 10 cent double dies and maybe the top 2 proof double die cents. I like em both!!! The FS-033 has even more doubling on the motto.

The pics aren't great, I can't ever get great pics of DDOs after they are in holders and this one already had a visit to PCGS.

1971-S proof double die FS-032:

Ed
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    nice score spanky image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

• << <i>Did you cherry the 71-P FS-033 too?

What a COOL FIND!!!!

image >>

I cherried that at a pawn shop last Thursday along with 3 1969 proof Kennedies that I think will go 69DCAM.
    That's a good haul!

Ed
  • CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds - I especially like the second Kennedy half. Very nice frost on the reverse - tough to find that way.

Pawn shops - now there is a place that I hadn't thought to look for coins. How do they price the coins? Trends, grey sheet, pure guess?

Once I went to a jewelry shop that had a pawn shop in the back and lots of coins. I cherried a bunch of nice stuff but had to pay Trends ask for it. I almost walked but it was worth the premium.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• << <i>Nice finds - I especially like the second Kennedy half. Very nice frost on the reverse - tough to find that way.

Pawn shops - now there is a place that I hadn't thought to look for coins. How do they price the coins? Trends, grey sheet, pure guess?

Once I went to a jewelry shop that had a pawn shop in the back and lots of coins. I cherried a bunch of nice stuff but had to pay Trends ask for it. I almost walked but it was worth the premium. >>

The pawn shop that I frequent puts all proof and SMS sets in a box until I come in to go through them. He then charges me Greysheet Bid for the ones I want. I have a once a month schedule set up with him. He does this because I buy a lot of sets.
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Here are the 69 Kennedies from the Pawn Shop!!image

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage
  • CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love those 69s Kennedies - they look great! I'd buy those all day at bid.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Nice 71's and those 69's look great.

Do you think the 71 will CAM or DCAM. Looking at the pictures the reverse looks a little thin on the shield which is usually the problem with the 71's. I can find tons of one-sided CAMs and DCAMs but can never match up both sides.
  • ShortgapbobShortgapbob Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭
    Nice group of Kennedys! image
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

For a large selection of U.S. Coins & Currency, visit The Reeded Edge's online webstore at the link below.

The Reeded Edge
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Ken, great score. May I ask why you chose NGC over PCGS for encapsulation and grading ?
    I know the plastic doesn't really matter, but I'm just curious.

Joe
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the 1969's look like they'll only holder at 68DCAM and the bottom 1971 looks to be the best shot at high grade from a difficult year.

• << <i>Hi Ken, great score. May I ask why you chose NGC over PCGS for encapsulation and grading ?

Joe >>

Turnaround time.
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi Ken, great score. May I ask why you chose NGC over PCGS for encapsulation and grading ?

Joe >>

Turnaround time. >>

I hate to admit it, but PCGS is truning them around much faster than NGC is. My last economy order cleared in 3 days at PCGS!!!! Even moderns have been running about 2 weeks!

BTW, very nice coins Ken!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• ksteelheaderksteelheader Posts: 11,777
    I just packed up one 71 and three 69's along with a proof 53 Frankie and sent them to PCGS!
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey, that's pretty good. i didn't know the PO was open on Sunday.
  • ksteelheaderksteelheader Posts: 11,777

<< <i>hey, that's pretty good. i didn't know the PO was open on Sunday. >>

You must live in the sticks.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file