Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Flakey eBay sellers and their shipping times

At what point do you become irritated when your coins haven't shown up from a seller? I think it adds fuel to the fire when coins I won a few days ago are breezing in and the one I won 10 days ago is still lost in the abyss, with an unresponsive seller.

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    I sort of like the new feedback with the scoring besides the old feedbacks.

It lets you give a pos if you get the item and not risk a retalitory neg and still ding the slow ones for shipping.

I don't care if they are a bit slow as long as they bother to mail and say "got your payment item will ship in a few days" (x = about a week) but if they let you hang with no reply they deserve a ding for it.

Ed
  • Options
    sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭
    The item should ship, in my opinion, within about 2 business days of receving cleared payment. I bought a high dollar coin (the most I ever spent on a coin) and paid with paypal instantly, waited about 8 or 9 days, hadn't heard anything, then emailed my seller. He emailed me back saying he would ship the item shortly. I wasn't happy. I did get my item, left a neutral sounding positive, and dinged him on the shipping time part and communication (lack thereof) on the feedback system.
    Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes
  • Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless I see shipping times given, IMO within 7 days is fine with me. I realize not all people selling coins on ebay are coin dealers. Heck, I sell on ebay and I am a working stiff. Sometimes I work nights and sleep while the PO is closed, other times I am working while it is open and get home after hours. So, I usually cut people some slack.
    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm a little too generous with shipping times. It's nice to get a coin 3 days after you pay for it, but I'm fine if it takes 3-4 weeks.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    mrpotatoheaddmrpotatoheadd Posts: 7,576 ✭✭
    I'm jealous.

As a seller, I'd really like to be able to leave positives for some buyers, but ding them anonymously for poor communication or slow payment or ignoring my terms of sale.

What's good for the goose, and all that... image
  • Options
    sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    It depends. If I paid by paypal, I start to wrry in about ten days. If I paid by personal check, I grit my teeth for about 3 weeks. 98% of the time everything works out. About 2% of the time I get hung out to dry. I hate that 2%.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file