Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

HELP...needed from any and all Kahn's Experts

Hey fellas...I am working on the Hank Aaron Master set, currently #3 and have for some time purchased raw locally and submitted most of my collection of Hanks. My question is relative to the Kahn's Weiners sets, in specific I have a 1968 Kahn's PSA 8 is IDENTICAL to the 1969 Kahn's Small. Additionally I have a 1969 PSA 6 that says it is a "Portrait" nothing in the pop report. The "Portrait is much shorter that either of the afformentioned cards and has red, white, and blue stripes running throught the center whilst Hank is posed in a standing full length batting pose. Any insight would be a great help to me. Thanks guys!!

By the way, any of you who have odd-ball Aarons for sale, plmk!!
I NEED HANKS!!!

Comments

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Here are the two Aarons from '69.

imageimage

Here are the two Aarons from '68.

imageimage

Here are the two Aarons from '67.

imageimage

Here is the one Aaron from '66.

Here is the one Aaron from '65.

PSA mislabels these quite often (sorry PSA but it's true).

• Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Cool Kahn's Aaron's. Very nice!
  • Options
    Bobsbb...You and your Kahn's are awesome! And if, according to what you have posted, then I have only ONE of FOUR Kahn's Aarons slabbed correctly...nice job PSA!!
    I NEED HANKS!!!
  • Options
    Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.
  • Options
    Bob is correct. I was getting so frustrated about PSA mislabeling the Khan's Aaron cards that I emailed Joe O on what we could do. He put me in tough with somone in operations and I sent them a scan of every Aaron Khan's card. Hopefully, that should help with new Aaron's being submitted. I also noticed a mislabeled Khan's Aaron in one of the Madec auctions. I emailed them but never heard back. I imagine someone bought it. It's very difficult to determine scarcity and try to collect all the Aaron's with so many mislabled. The 66 seems to be the toughest followed by the cards with the tabs. There is no way to tell the 66-69 Kahn's apart aside from the poses and some variations. I can see why the years can get mixed up but not large vs small.
    Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.
  • Options

<< <i>There is no way to tell the 66-69 Kahn's apart aside from the poses and some variations. I can see why the years can get mixed up but not large vs small. >>

Actually, it's quite easy to tell pre-1968 from 1968 and 1969. The '66s and '67s have 22 or 23 dashed lines at the "cut here" spot above the name. The '68s and '69s have about 18. From there it's a crap shoot. image
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to get OT but Bob can you tell me if the early Kahns cards like your 57 clemente are tall boys or if they are oversize? My kahns cards are crap but if I can get them into a holder (even a 1) they won't get any worse than they are!

Thanks!

jim
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry to get OT but Bob can you tell me if the early Kahns cards like your 57 clemente are tall boys or if they are oversize? My kahns cards are crap but if I can get them into a holder (even a 1) they won't get any worse than they are!

Thanks!

jim >>

Jim,

They're considered tall boys (every year from '55 through '69). I agree with you that it's desirable to get them holdered no matter what the grade. I'm planning on sending in a bunch with wiener marks on them (I said wiener).

Good luck with your submission!
    Bob image
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    thanks Bob!
  • Options
    Thought you'd enjoy this...the most perfect card (almost) that I have ever seen...it's a "double" wow in person...

Henri
    Collector
    Topps 58,59,60,61,62,63,64 Sets
    Fleer 60, 61-62 Sets
  • Options
    Awesome!
    I NEED HANKS!!!