Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

So, how many people got in a last minute submission this morning.

Couldn't resist the special, so I got off my third submission under the special this month. Who else sent one in today?
Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Sent mine in yesterday.

1956 Topps presidents.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    hey I just renewed my membership for two years about a week ago but never have gotten my package yet.

could I send in a submission today anyway?

what is the special?
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sent mine in yesterday.

1956 Topps presidents.

Steve >>

Hey Steve
    do you have any of these in about exmt that you are selling? I had a real nice group last year that I graded 7s and 8s and made nice coin on them. Now I just have some raw left over and wouldnt mind putting the set together raw ExMt.

Barry
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Got mine to the PO this morning. image
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I beat the rush- I sent mine in Thursday.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    barry

sorry the only dupes I have from that set is in another set that grades out ex.

they are on ebay raw from time to time though.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Sent two out today. I found some blazing '64's at a card show yesterday, so I figured I'd get those in. I also had a bunch of oddball stuff kicking around that in a moment of weakness I threw in as well.

Looking forward to getting these cards back just in time for a Labor Day listing special on Ebay.
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Sending in my third order for the month too in about 40 minutes. 363 cards. Took all night getting it ready.
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    Sent in 75 cards about a week and a half ago, already logged into the PSA system...

Sent another 25 today...couldn't resist...Peyton Manning Rookies, a couple of Randy Moss's, a few McGwires, '88 Leaf BB, just some odds and ends....
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    sent off 222 this morning. some post 98 autos, hof to be football rcs, some packer hof rc and about 125 favre's.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I got my 140 card submission out Thursday.
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    I made it to the post office with 15 minutes to spare! image
    Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    "Looking forward to getting these cards back just in time for a Labor Day listing special on Ebay." LOL.

Sent in 4 submissions yesterday.

Ron

Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got mine out this afternoon:

24 N222 Kinney Leaders and 16 1933-34 National Chicle Skybirds

Both submissions will complete my sets image

Steve
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I arrived at my post office at 11:50 a.m. this morning - 10 minutes before closing to mail off my order!! I wonder if I won the award for waiting until the last second! I send in 1 order under the June special, 1 order under the July special, 1 order of mechanical errors and 1 order combined of free gradings and vouchers.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I just sent in a variety of things- Some mid-80s Star basketball, some blankbacks, some rack packs. I even found some cool high grade Broder cards from the 80s. I can't wait to get my grades. I hope my sub doesn't end up on the problem shelf.......

Lee
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I had a 35 card mixed sub that went out Wednesday. I hope all mine beats yours there! image
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    Greg- I got you beat!! It is 10:21 pm NY time right now and I am heading off to the post office to send out an order. I am going to use the automated system and drop it in the bin in about a half hour!!! Nuthin' like waiting til the last minute!

-Claude
  • Options
    lol still putting mine together...love the automated postal machines open 24/7 image if it's anything like the march special (which i just got back), my procrastination will be suited to the long wait i'll endure for grades. maybe labor day? hahaha
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm sure mine will take forever to get graded!! UPDATE: just got back from the post office, recipt says 11:37 pm.....DANG, I still had 23 minutes to spare!! image
  • Options

<< <i>Greg- I got you beat!! It is 10:21 pm NY time right now and I am heading off to the post office to send out an order. I am going to use the automated system and drop it in the bin in about a half hour!!! Nuthin' like waiting til the last minute!

-Claude >>

I didn't know you could send out registered mail packages with the automated postal machines. How does the packaged get stamped around the seams and edges of the tape?
  • Options
    Yiou can't use the machine for registered. I sent it insured with delivery confirmation....it was a smaller order and I only insured for $400. Put in in a smaller Priority box and taped the heck out of it with Priority tape. I've done it a couple times and never had a problem.

-Claude
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    any idea on response time yet? the special said based upon demand--anyone hear anything?
  • Options
    brion8brion8 Posts: 60 ✭✭
    I sent in one order about a week ago, and then Friday night thought, ah what the hell, and put together another submission. Sent in all oddball stuff for player sets. Sent mine via FedEx. I always feel nervous sending them in.... like I know I'm doing something wrong. Anyone else have that feeling when they hand over their package(s)?
    -Brion
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I got hosed. I had all of my cards lined up. 140 Favre's about 20 HOF Rookies and nearly half of the Packer HOF set. I get a call at 8:00 Saturday morning as I am typing up the forms and dreading the labels my brother "surprises" me by showing up from out of state. Needless to say, that cards are still at my house.
  • Options
    Tell your brother owes you $160.
  • Options
    So at the 24/7 PO automated stations you really get a postmark on the package for date and time??
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, I got hosed. I had all of my cards lined up. 140 Favre's about 20 HOF Rookies and nearly half of the Packer HOF set. I get a call at 8:00 Saturday morning as I am typing up the forms and dreading the labels my brother "surprises" me by showing up from out of state. Needless to say, that cards are still at my house. >>

troy you should have put him to work helping you finish.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Yeah, I dropped mine off on PSA Friday last week, looking forward to getting my 63 cards back shortly.
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I guess if you worked at the post office and you were running late with your sub..... image
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    got my 3 of 3 order in friday....one order is a Chick Gandil photo sent to psa/dna for inspection....another order for $5 special, another for 13$ special that includes 1914 cracker jack and 1916 Famous and barr....im wishing me luck...
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, I dropped mine off on PSA Friday last week, looking forward to getting my 63 cards back shortly. >>

Every board has a comedian.

Did you just fly in from Toledo? Are your wings sore?
  • Options
    boopotts- You probley a newbie and live in the great plains or out in the dessert somewhere, If you live in California, like me. I'm 10 minutes away. You can drop off cards for grading at PSA on schedualed PSA Fridays. The next schedual PSA Friday is July 27th from 10am to 4pm. What ever you drop off on PSA Friday you pick up the next PSA Friday simple as that! This way you save on the shipping, handeling and insurance. If you don't believe me check for yourself!.

PSA Public Fridays: Next one July 27th.

• Options
    Hi Roastedcat,
    Wow, that's great for you guys that live in So. Cal. Very cool of PSA to allow that too. I'd be dropping off cards once a month if I lived out there.

The shipping increase was just brutal on my last package to PSA.
    The cost to mail to PSA was $44.05 for 363 cards. Return shipping will be $91.22! Ouch!!

That averages out to 37 cents per card just for shipping. Before the postal increase I use to average around 30 cents a card for a similar size order. A seven cents increase might not sound like much but times the number of cards sent in, it's over a $25 increase. I guess that's just the price of doing business.

Of course I forgot to put 'no qualifiers' on the invoices. Damn@!
  • Options

<< <i>boopotts- You probley a newbie and live in the great plains or out in the dessert somewhere, If you live in California, like me. I'm 10 minutes away. You can drop off cards for grading at PSA on schedualed PSA Fridays. The next schedual PSA Friday is July 27th from 10am to 4pm. What ever you drop off on PSA Friday you pick up the next PSA Friday simple as that! This way you save on the shipping, handeling and insurance. If you don't believe me check for yourself!.

PSA Public Fridays: Next one July 27th. >>

I don't see where it says that all orders dropped off on the designated Friday and guaranteed to be ready by the next designated Friday. Maybe I missed something.

But you are right-- I am a newbie. Just submitted my first 9 cards last Tuesday. Boy, am I STOKED! Wish me luck. Hopefully my learning curve won't be too flat.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>But you are right-- I am a newbie. Just submitted my first 9 cards last Tuesday. Boy, am I STOKED! Wish me luck. Hopefully my learning curve won't be too flat. >>

• Options
    Boo, I hope you get a 10 on that 87 Donruss Nolan Ryan. It's only a little off center and has a touched corner, but I think it could slide into a 10 slab.
  • Options
    Boo- it doesn't say it, but they always have it ready for pick up by the next PSA Friday, I think they have other graders work on the PSA Friday lot and keep them seperate from the outgoing lot. I've never had a problem with dropping off and picking up bulk orders!.

Cardbender- yeah shipping does suck!!! I only drop off card when psa does a great special I can't afford to miss out on. I hold out for $5. specials.. image
  • Options

<< <i>Boo, I hope you get a 10 on that 87 Donruss Nolan Ryan. It's only a little off center and has a touched corner, but I think it could slide into a 10 slab. >>

I considered submitting that '87 Ryan, but in the end I decided against it. It's a special card to me, since I pulled it from the pack myself, and I do want to get it slabbed eventually, but I figured I'd put that into a future sub. It'll give me a reason to get the next one outimage

These nine cards were all 1982 Donruss-- no big stars, but nice cards nontheless. None are 'picture perfect', but I think at least seven of them should grade an 8; or maybe a 9 if I catch the right grader image
  • Options
    Next time you guys feel hard done by on the shipping rates, just check out the Pacific Rim rates for shipping that I have to cough up for every time I send in a submission. Ouch just doesn't do it justice.