Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Quality control...

Well done fellas.

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• OMG!!! Buck Buchanan use to be a skinny white boy.
  • he was. he had racial reassignment surgery in 1970.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Look on the bright side--- at least the card was overgraded.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put it on your problem shelf for 3 weeks Zef. That'll teach PSA.
  • zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Look on the bright side--- at least the card was overgraded. >>

What!!!!!

You think that card is not a 7?
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    i don't collect football

1- is the year correct?
    2- the grade is apparently pretty conservative
    3- is lance worth more than buck at psa 7?
    4- any chance this was cracked out and is spoofing?

good catch zef, cu quality control

julen
    RIP GURU
  • zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>1- is the year correct?
    2- the grade is apparently pretty conservative
    3- is lance worth more than buck at psa 7?
    4- any chance this was cracked out and is spoofing? >>

1. Yes
    2. I agree
    3. I think Lance is worth more than Buck and more than a buck.
    4. No. I submitted the card.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

It must have been the same dude that took my two motion vision Emmitts (these cards are about 5 times thicker than a standard card) and literally squashed them in the standard sized slabs. It was so bad and such a dumb mistake, the slabs would not even stack together. The cards were 10 and a 9 but now they are in psa's dumpster.

<< <i>Put it on your problem shelf for 3 weeks Zef. That'll teach PSA. >>

Definitely Post of the Month material!

Another option would be to send the card back to PSA and ask them to replace this flip with one for a 1957 Yale Lary PSA 7, as you have a buyer lined up for the Lary card and would just as soon not have to go through the hassle of finding one.

<< <i>

<< <i>Look on the bright side--- at least the card was overgraded. >>

What!!!!!

You think that card is not a 7? >>

If you saw a scan of that card, and saw that someone has posted a message insisting that the card was overgraded, would you think that person was being at all serious?

The card looks like a 9 to me. I can only assume a slight bend in one of the corners, otherwise that grade was graded by Ray Charles.
  • DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    Before we jump to any conclusions about how this might be a "quality control" issue at PSA, are we 100% certain the player pictured is not Buck Buchanan? Often times, I reserve judgment on what a card looks like until I see it in my hands because it's really hard to make a determination what exactly we're looking at through the Internet. The Internet is a tricky place and can be very dangerous if a person is not careful.

Keep in mind, judging the condition of a card or a player pictured via a scan is notoriously hard and very tricky. Some scanners work differently than others and until we have a universal standard for scanning equipment or digital cameras, I think we should just rely on the professional TRAINED and CERTIFIED judgment of PSA and their team of expert graders. These people actually looked at the card raw and said it's a Buck Buchanan. That's good enough for me. image

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Put it on your problem shelf for 3 weeks Zef. That'll teach PSA.

Definitely Post of the Month material! >>

And all this time I thought you didn't care for my sense of humor Boo. You and I may get along swimmingly after all. (actually you seem like an ok Joe)
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭
    Bo knows Andre Dawson. Another undergraded card. At least they got the sport right, if you consider that Bo also played baseball.

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>These people actually looked at the card raw and said it's a Buck Buchanan. That's good enough for me. image >>

Any discoloration is only a figment of your imagination.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    My Dan Marino 97 Inscriptions Auto card labeled as John Elway still takes the cake in my book.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I must say thanks to some of psa's mistakes I have picked up some nice Emmitts really cheap. I know at least one of them, I was only bidder because the seller didnt have a clue either and listed the card as it was spelled on the flip image

• << <i>Before we jump to any conclusions about how this might be a "quality control" issue at PSA, are we 100% certain the player pictured is not Buck Buchanan? Often times, I reserve judgment on what a card looks like until I see it in my hands because it's really hard to make a determination what exactly we're looking at through the Internet. The Internet is a tricky place and can be very dangerous if a person is not careful.

Keep in mind, judging the condition of a card or a player pictured via a scan is notoriously hard and very tricky. Some scanners work differently than others and until we have a universal standard for scanning equipment or digital cameras, I think we should just rely on the professional TRAINED and CERTIFIED judgment of PSA and their team of expert graders. These people actually looked at the card raw and said it's a Buck Buchanan. That's good enough for me. image >>

What he said.....I mean huuuuuuuh?????

Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky