Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A BIG thanks to detroitfan2.....

I know we have a member feedback thread, but I thought this deserved its own.
I just wanted to let everyone know what a first class, top shelf guy detroitfan2(Tom) is.
I started my 1955 Topps BB in PSA 6 back in March of this year. I offered up some cards for sale in the BST to fund my 1955 set,or if anyone wanted to trade for 55s in PSA 6. Tom sent me a PM stating he had about 40 cards I needed for my set. We did a trade for half of the lot, and I purchased the remainder of the lot this week. He sold me the lot for a very good price (way below SMR) including some high #s.
Tom was very patient to work with and seemed very interested that I was pleased with our deals. To top it all off, he threw in an extra card for free! I cant say thanks enough to Tom. He helped me get to over 40% completion in just about 4 months.
Its guys like Tom that make these boards and this hobby so enjoyable.
Thanks again Tom!!! image

Comments

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Aw shucks, thanks Bob! image

I received two 1956's that I needed from Bob (Mays and Koufax, both PSA 6) in our original trade. Trading rocks, by the way.

Downtown conveniently forgot to mention the fact that I addressed him as Jim instead of Bob in one of our PM's.

Oh yeah, one more minor thing: I proposed a deal to Bob that involved 18 cards for $X. Bob said he actually had one of the cards already, so he countered with an offer of $(X+15) for 17 cards. Yes, you read that right. He offered to add $15 to the total for one less card. So my "free" card was a bit of an exaggeration. In fact, I'm looking for more cards that Bob needs at this very moment!

But all that other stuff he said about me (first class, top shelf, etc, etc), that stuff is accurate. image

In any case, if anyone has anything Bob needs for his 1955 Topps set in PSA 6, let him know, he is a strong buyer!
  • Options
    relaxedrelaxed Posts: 569
    I wanted to second the mention of Tom as being a first class guy. We made some card swaps for some 1955's awhile back and he had no hesitation in dealing with me even though I was new to the board. His thoughs and ideas on buying 1955's was so interesting on a earlier thread that it helped me get started collecting.
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • Options
    I love hearing the good news about the good guys .
    So many times we hear about ' Watch out for this one or that one , it's sickening .
    Best of luck in completing that set of 55's .
    What an exciting undertaking that must be, as you slowly but surely add card after card .

:Anthony:
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    And I would like to thank relaxed (her-hero on ebay, Gary everywhere else) for our recent transaction that allowed me to replace some of the PSA 6's that I sent to Bob with some very nice PSA 5's.

One thing's for certain, if you have some cards coming from Gary, the package can get run over by a steam roller and the cards will be fine. The man packages them better than fine china.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

Well done image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Tom and Bob are both good guys. Bob gave me a Curtis Martin rc that turned out to be a psa 10.

Tom sent me this card for my Emmitt set just because image

Good guys, the both of ya.