Home Sports Talk

Attention Phillies Fans...

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
It is now safe to abandon your quest at making an improbable run at a division title. Order in the NL East has been restored.

Sincerely,

Bud Selig image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    dont you mean john maine and billy wagner? image

silly sillies fans. like i said yaawwnnn talk to us in september. 5 games back again.
  • HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    painful painful. the mets are the better team but that doesn't mean the phillies can't get close again.
    but the loss of 3 starters (garcia/meyers/lieber) thier closer gordon have finally taken a complete toll.

that and the fuddernucking mets had to cancel thier game so they could set up thier pitching vs. the phils, while the phils struggled to 2 extra inning games through the rain delays the night before a doubleheader....

mmmm, am I missing any excuses ?!?!?

seriously, phllies were in bad shape before the games started today. and they still almost won game 1.
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Freaking Phillies showed up and just laid down. I mean I though I was watching McNabb with a Rollins jersey on and a tanned Andy Reid with a Ryan
    Howard jersey on. Pitching sucked, but the bats did not get it done. Best we can hope for now is a split and that sucks. Chuck has to have the
    troops ready..of course the Phils were coming off a heated series with the Reds, two of those games going extra innings, while I don't think the
    Mets even played 9 innings against the cards.

Kevin
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that and the fuddernucking mets had to cancel thier game so they could set up thier pitching vs. the phils, while the phils struggled to 2 extra inning games through the rain delays the night before a doubleheader....

mmmm, am I missing any excuses ?!?!?

seriously, phllies were in bad shape before the games started today. and they still almost won game 1.

True sign of a fan of a losing team is one who makes excuses and/or talks about games their team "almost" won. Mets have had their share of injuries lately, too. The good teams play through them. These guys are professionals, after all. And "MVP" Howard was pitiful on both ends of this sweep. But if it makes you feel better, go right ahead!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Mets fan is still chapped cause old fatty Howard still has more HR's than anyone on the Mets and he has was hurt at the beginning of the year. You all
    were lucky in that Cards series. Rain saved you. Phils come back strong today and tomorrow!

Kevin
    grote just went under the bed with that Howard homer...actually when it finally lands, he might be back..probably not.

JS
  • Revenge is sweet!
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>grote just went under the bed with that Howard homer...actually when it finally lands, he might be back..probably not.

JS >>

He can hit all the homers he wants, its just not gonna help

Ho, hum another Mets win
    grote just went under the bed with that Howard homer...actually when it finally lands, he might be back..probably not.

JS

You were saying??? image

Howard is a chump. Beltran rules the day again! Mets making Sillies look like a Triple A team.!

Let's Go Mets!!!

Beltran needed a gust of wind to clear the wall while Howard's will be shown on sportscenter.

JS
    Beltran needed a gust of wind to clear the wall while Howard's will be shown on sportscenter.

C'mon, Kevin, man, now you're just embarrassing yourself! image

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Maine on pace to win 20 games.

Steve
    Good for you.